Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 09:34:47 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  DAVID SHEDD PASSES AWAY
« previous next »
: [1]
: DAVID SHEDD PASSES AWAY  ( 3466 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : October 19, 2005, 07:59:25 AM »

DAVID W. SHEDD FAIRFAX — David has gone home to God. David Shedd was born in Jeffersonville on Oct. 23, 1948, and lived his life in Fairfax, Florida and St. Albans. His life was often centered in the Fairfax community where he graduated in 1966 from Bellows Free Academy. He made many friends in Fairfax over the years by being the varsity basketball coach and by being involved with those who followed sports and local politics. He was a mentor to many who were students during his time as a coach and member of the community. He was well known in the retail grocery business around the Burlington area, having been a salesman for Farrell Distributing in the 1970s and 1980s. David's love of animals and the farm was evident in his conversations and his recollection of working on farms in the area as a young man. His sense of humor was contagious and his smile was glowing. Survivors include his wife, Grace VanHandel of Swanton; his parents, John C. and Juanita (Cross) Shedd of St. Albans; his two children, Jena Shedd and Glenn Shedd, both of New Port Richey, Fla.; his granddaughter, Riley Madison Woods; six brothers, Rod, Craig, Brent, Jeff, Brad and Jay; three sisters, Vicki Popple, Kim Charbonneau and Heather Hoben. David was predeceased by his sister, Suzanne Rabidoux, in August of 1994. David will be sorely missed by those who knew him and remember the good days. We thank the Oncology Staff at Fletcher Allen Health Care, Dr. H. James Wallace, Dr. Darin Wright and Dr. Robert Lesney. A memorial service will be held Sunday, Oct. 23, at 1 p.m. in the United Church of Fairfax, corner of the Fletcher and River roads. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the Jim Bashaw Cancer and Catastrophic Illness Fund, c/o The Northwestern Medical Center, P.O. Box 1370, St. Albans, Vt. 05478.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: