Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:24:52 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Fairfax Recreation Path StoryWalk
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fairfax Recreation Path StoryWalk  ( 5518 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : June 24, 2009, 11:27:07 AM »

Hello Henry,

Please post this on your site.  Amy Adams from the NRPC was responsible for setting up the storywalk.  We don't have photos yet but hopefully we will soon!  Thanks! 

Sincerely,

Shaun
Northwest Regional Planning Commission
155 Lake Street
St. Albans, VT 05478
802-524-5958

A StoryWalk has been organized for the Fairfax Recreation Path, which is located across from the school, near the school's ball fields.  The Recreation Path is a beautiful trail used by many students and Fairfax residents.   

The StoryWalk project provides consecutive pages from a children's book laminated and mounted on stakes that are spaced along the Recreation ath. StoryWalk allows a child to read and experience a wonderful book while surrounded by the beauty of nature.    Children in Fairfax will now be able to combine the joy of being outside with opportunities to develop literacy and physical fitness thanks to a grant through the Safe Routes to School Program, which is funded through Vermont Agency of Transportation and administered through Northwest Regional Planning Commission.  Bellows Free Academy-Fairfax was one of the two schools to
participate in the Safe Routes to School agreement, which started in 2006.

The first story featured on the StoryWalk in Fairfax is "Too Many Frogs," by Sandy Asher.  Some of the upcoming stories will be "If You Give A Mouse A Cookie," by Laura Joffe Numeroff, and "Click, Clack, Moo Cows That Type," by Doreen Cronin.  Please share your comments or suggestions with the Fairfax Recreation Department or the Fairfax Safe Routes to School Team if you have an opportunity to enjoy the StoryWalk.

The StoryWalk project for the Bellows Free Academy-Fairfax will continue until August at that time the grant will end for the School and for Northwest Regional Planning Commission.  The School may choose to continue the project with the help of volunteers after the grant closes.

Franklin Central School is also participating in the Safe Routes to School program and has had a successful StoryWalk since May 2009.

The StoryWalk Project was created by Anne Ferguson of Montpelier, Vermont and developed in collaboration with the Vermont Bicycle & Pedestrian Coalition and the Kellogg-Hubbard Library.

Henry Raymond
Suzy
: 429

« #1 : July 23, 2009, 11:35:41 AM »

I'd love to see some photos of this please someone!?  Anyone? 

Thanks!
Suzy
katrinaantonovich
: 162

« #2 : July 23, 2009, 11:57:24 AM »

Click Clack Moo was just put out on tuesday - another great story to read! Suzy - I'll try to get pictures soon.
Suzy
: 429

« #3 : July 23, 2009, 01:53:58 PM »

Thanks Katrina!
Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« #4 : July 23, 2009, 02:00:37 PM »

The grandkids love it!

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
: [1]  
« previous next »
: