Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 02:21:27 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  What Rain, Some People Would Say
« previous next »
: [1]
: What Rain, Some People Would Say  ( 3219 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 10, 2009, 08:25:58 AM »

Got my lawn mowed yesterday.  Around 3:45 it started to rain and the sky overhead looked a little threatening, so drove my lawn mower in the garage for a bit.  Only lasted about 15 minutes, so went back out and finished it up.

Around 5:45 or so last night it started raining quite hard and as I watched the weather on Channel 3, obviously they had no idea we were getting some pretty good rain up here at 473 Fletcher Road.  Around 6:45, I headed down to the village and now I can see why.  When I got down below the Town Garage, the road was dry as a bone, and not a sign of rain.  There has been quite a bit of that lately here in Fairfax with rain occurring in different parts of town and none in another - That is what they call scattered showers, I guess.

Henry Raymond
cechinbass
: 16

« #1 : July 10, 2009, 04:13:34 PM »

I was mowing my lawn too about 5:30 or so and was getting hit by big drops and was saying to myself, just hold off so I can finish and then after I was done I headed in town and found no rain and dry roads
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #2 : July 11, 2009, 01:49:37 AM »

83 and hot as heck here with too much sun..
Got high pressure?

: [1]  
« previous next »
: