Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 01:36:13 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Looks Like Wednesday Will Be The Lawn Mowing Day This Week
« previous next »
: [1]
: Looks Like Wednesday Will Be The Lawn Mowing Day This Week  ( 3669 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 14, 2009, 08:06:05 AM »

It will not look or feel like the middle of July today.  The normal high in Burlington for this time of year is 82 degrees, but we will only top out in the mid-60s today as a pool of cold air in the upper atmosphere moves through overhead.

It will be downright chilly for mid-July tonight, with lows in the 40s . .  even a few upper 30s in the outlying cold pockets.

We'll make some big improvements on Wednesday, getting our highs back into the 70s with lots of sunshine.

The scattered showers have been unreal with small areas getting rain and others nothing.  Was watching Sam Mazza on TV last night and their raspberry crop is in jeopardy due to the rain.  They are hoping for warm weather and maybe the gardens would come back.  I haven't heard anybody say anything about tomato plants, but most people don't get any tomatoes until around the first of August. 

The Garden Angel's garden is apparently doing great as she brought us over some more peas, asparagus, potatoes and brocolli.  Everything is delicious. 

I am in hopes of mowing my lawn tomorrow.  If its a nice day that will take precedence over doing anything else.

I haven't seen any statistics so far, but it certainly seems like the worse summer we have had in years.

Henry Raymond
dearon
: 233

« #1 : July 14, 2009, 12:14:39 PM »

I am sooooo cold, I'd love to fly to Florida and come back when it's warmer.  Can't do that though I have two large gardens I'm tending with lots of produce to can, jams & wines to make.
It's pretty sad when you can't open a window or wear shorts in July no less
« : July 14, 2009, 12:15:43 PM Henry »
Judi
: 508

« #2 : July 15, 2009, 07:12:24 PM »

I have noticed a lot of plants have fungus growing that I have never seen before and the mosquito population is at an all time high.  With summer's so short in Vermont this weather sure puts a damper on everyones spirits and outdoor activities. Makes me appreciate days like today!
dearon
: 233

« #3 : July 16, 2009, 06:24:03 AM »

I haven't seen a mosquito this year?  I thought it was too cold for them.  Have seen plenty of Japanese Beatles though
Judi
: 508

« #4 : July 16, 2009, 08:06:50 AM »

LOL - Deanne, maybe they can't fly that high up to your house! We are near the brook & river, perhaps that is why we are seeing more.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: