Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 03:26:28 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  10 Out Of 16 Days In July With Rain
« previous next »
: [1]
: 10 Out Of 16 Days In July With Rain  ( 3100 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 16, 2009, 07:19:03 AM »

I cannot imagine what it would be like to try to hay like we did in the old days and had to dry the hay before putting it in the barn.  There is no way farmers this year could get any hay in the barn that way this year.  I believe the majority now chop it and put it in a silo.

Our poor tourist are not having it any better either.  I think when Suzy Kneeland was here from Wyoming, she got rain most every day and I have friends that are up from North Carolina and they have gotten rain just about every day and are scheduled to go back this weekend.  Fortunately, unlike the tourists, Suzy and my friends from North Carolina spent a lot of time visiting friends they hadn't seen in a while.

Haven't heard how the campgrounds are doing this year, but haven't heard any bad reports.  I did notice the other night when I was walking on the Rec Path that the mosquitoes were out, but it was just after a rain shower.  I think the black fly season is probably over by now.

My sister and I are a couple of the fortunate ones, as we look at the weather report and decide which day we will mow our lawns, whereas those people that are working don't have that choice.

Don't give up though as it would appear according to some wise weather forecasters that the present weather trend will last through July, however in August there will be a swing to nicer weather.

"Of course all weather patterns are caused by multiple elements, but one thing that forecasters look at, is the North Atlantic Oscillation. The pattern we are seeing now is associated with the negative phase of the NAO, ...Which means there is a blocking pattern which keeps the jet stream south of New England and keeps us in the cooler, more unsettled weather. The National Weather Service has said it is possible this overall pattern could continue through the end of July, with a potential break in the pattern in early August. Time will tell."
« : July 16, 2009, 07:50:04 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
dearon
: 233

« #1 : July 16, 2009, 09:36:24 AM »

The past few summers have been unusually wet one.  I'm happy not to have to water my garden as my soil is quite sandy but enough is enough even walking across the lawn the water is squishing out!   I feel bad for the farmers that are trying to get hay in  what a trial that must be!!!!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: