Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 11:54:40 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Ben & Jerry's Community Action Team In Fairfax
« previous next »
: [1]
: Ben & Jerry's Community Action Team In Fairfax  ( 2818 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 01, 2005, 08:12:05 AM »

Originally the Ben & Jerry’s St. Albans Community Action Team had donated their 50-70 volunteers to work on the Fairfax Community Park Project on October 28, 2005, last July-August. Because of the endlessly wet weather for the past month or so and the unusual, to say the least, snowstorm, the work originally planned for them in the Park had to be cut back. The new grass of the newly laid field of the Park Phase II couldn't handle any equipment activity and the weed clearing activitieswas questionable. So the Ben & Jerry’s Action Team offered to do odd jobs for any interested seniors in the area.

Thanks to suggestions from local residents, then coordination and follow-up by The Senior Citizens President, one senior in North Fairfax had a crew of five volunteers helping her clear away broken tree limbs and getting some inside chores done, the firehouse where the senior citizens hold their meetings had the floors and windows washed and several residents in the senior housing down by the Park had windows washed and odd jobs done for them.

Not only did the Action Team do all these things for the seniors, they also weeded the Fairfax Community Playground garden areaat the school AND did an incredible job clearing the weeds, dead branches, pulling out old silt fencing and construction fencing out of the Fairfax Community Park fields of Phase II! So not only did they do what they came to do, work on the Park (providing volunteer labor AND matching in-kind labor for the Park's grant match), their volunteer labor provided much support for our local seniors. Also this same Action Team had issued a $3,000 donation to the Fairfax Community Park Phase II construction project!

Carol Lizotte, Fairfax Recreation Director wishes to thank everyone involved locally as well as the whole Ben & Jerry's St. Albans Community Action Team for their generous support and donation!

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: