Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 06:22:47 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Baker For Former Ann's Bake Shop - Great Raised Doughnuts
« previous next »
: [1]
: Baker For Former Ann's Bake Shop - Great Raised Doughnuts  ( 3267 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 18, 2009, 09:07:47 AM »

I was reading the obituary for Doris Tarte, a 91 year old lady who died recently and here is an excerpt from her obituary:

"For many years she was a baker for Ann’s Bake Shop in St. Albans and will be remembered for catering many weddings at the St. Jean de Baptiste Hall on Lake Street."

Ann's Bake Shop used to be at the foot of Fairfield Street in St. Albans and they made the biggest, most beautiful and tastiest Raised Glazed Doughnuts you have ever seen.  That bakery had such a wonderful smell as you walked in. 

Back when I was in highschool in the late 1940s you could by one (I usually got two) of these beautiful Raised Glazed Doughnuts for 5 cents a piece.

I don't remember when Ann's Bake Shop sold out, but have to say, nobody has ever replaced them.

Henry Raymond
dearon
: 233

« #1 : July 18, 2009, 02:29:01 PM »

I don't know who made the fancies there but boy do I miss those!  They were in my opinion the best I've ever tasted yum, yum:)
Travis
: 141

« #2 : July 18, 2009, 06:15:14 PM »

I don't know who made the fancies there but boy do I miss those!  They were in my opinion the best I've ever tasted yum, yum:)

I agree. I remember getting those as a kid.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: