Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 04:27:48 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  I Stand Corrected - Again!!
« previous next »
: [1]
: I Stand Corrected - Again!!  ( 2653 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 21, 2009, 12:51:52 PM »

I was down at Senior Citizens today and Carrie Parsons let me borrow the story that Larry had written on Phil Jones, the English Gentleman that lived in the Log Cabin on Shepardson Hollow Road.  I have been telling everyone he was a Black Man, but he was not.  I had him mixed up with Henry Gaines who used to live up on Georgia Hill.

Carrie has a book with some of Larry's stories in it.  I always got a kick out of them, because Larry told it the way it was.  I have the story of the Hermit of Shepardson Hollow down in The Tales of Our Community if you would care to read it in Larry's own words.  Sometime along I will check again with Carrie and see if she minds if I put up another -  Truly interesting Town History told by one of our own.

Henry Raymond
trussell
: 870

« #1 : July 21, 2009, 06:35:56 PM »

I'm still waiting for the book by Henry Raymond... Chapters could include "Life on Fairfield Ridge" and "The One Room Schoolhouse".

I'm sure there would be thousands or supporters!

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
: [1]  
« previous next »
: