Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 02:25:11 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Didn't Notice High Temp, Just Check To See If It Will Rain
« previous next »
: [1]
: Didn't Notice High Temp, Just Check To See If It Will Rain  ( 2568 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 23, 2009, 08:28:56 AM »

The sun was shining brightly when Maryann got up this morning and as she looked out the window she asked me how hot it was going to get today - I told her I was so interested in whether it was going to rain each day that I never even looked at the temperatures each day.

I hopped on my John Deere after supper last night and started mowing and mowed until dark.  I have spots on the lawn where I have water on top of the ground, but can't wait until they dry out.  I have about 30 minutes left, so will go out around 11 a.m. and finish it up.  My neighbor was mowing her lawn yesterday when I went down to the village around noon.  It was cloudy, but not raining, here anyhow.  When I got near Steve Ratte's place, it started to rain and by the time I got up to Minors it was raining quite hard and I could see it appeared to be really coming down on Georgia Mountain.

My retirement activities are pretty much scheduled around the weather and mowing the lawn as top priorities.  Hopefully we will have good weather for the Art In Bloom Festival on Saturday which looks promising.  The Community Picnic up at St. Lukes on Sunday, well, may have to go with the rain date of August 2nd, but they could be wrong.

Weather Report:

+ Hi 78 Lo 62

A slow-moving frontal system to our west will slowly creep our way over the next couple of days, providing us with a chance for scattered showers and thunderstorms through the end of the week.

A system coming up the coast should miss us to the east for the most part.

We'll catch a bit of a break on Saturday, but yet another frontal system will come at us on Sunday to close out the weekend with more wet weather.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: