Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 04:27:36 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  A Sign Of The Times
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: A Sign Of The Times  ( 10560 )
trussell
: 870

« #15 : August 02, 2009, 09:21:27 AM »

Mike,

First of all, you shouldn't be buying eggs from Costco.  You should be buying them fresh from your neighbor!  Whatever extra they may cost is worth it!

Secondly, they probably came from Rhode Island Reds, which are known as the best laying chickens available.
I've had White Leghorns, Golden Comets, RI Reds, Aracaunas, Cochins, and Wynadotes and the Reds always come through for me- about an egg per day!  The Leghorns, on the other hand, had bad attitudes and didn't last very long.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
mirjo
: 785

« #16 : August 02, 2009, 04:57:49 PM »

We used to have RI Reds. They like to dig up the flowers when they were out of the pen! We had some once that had feathers down their legs that looked like boots-pretty funny :-)

This talk of cows some how got to be all about chickens! I guess my original question about the difference in the two was answered by Henry sometime back--thanks Henry!

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: