Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 10:42:01 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Mike Cain "Shoots" His First Deer
« previous next »
: [1]
: Mike Cain "Shoots" His First Deer  ( 2732 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : August 04, 2009, 04:04:03 PM »

I was coming home from the post office Tuesday afternoon. I was walking down the hill towards Swanson's when I heard something in the swampy area to my right. I was walking WITH traffic, as I had not yet crossed the road.
I suddenly noticed a deer bounding through the swampy area to the hill just below Michelle Road. I took my camera out, thinking it was gone, and looked at the side of the hill.
It was standing there in the trees looking at me. I took a shot, then I upped the pixels, and took a couple more. It finally bounded up the hill to the houses on Michelle Road.

Regular view of the area.

Crop the picture and who do you see?

It just stood there while I took pictures. They didn't come out Nature Magazine clear, but this is my first deer.

It's taking off. You can see it behind the white birch tree.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : August 04, 2009, 04:21:06 PM »

Congratulations Mike - I have seen a deer twice down behind your house on the Rec Path, but no use bringing my camera as the deer would be long gone before I could ever get a shot of it.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: