Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 10:31:39 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Picture of the Day 8/9/09 and Blog- Fairfax Historical Society Meeting
« previous next »
: [1]
: Picture of the Day 8/9/09 and Blog- Fairfax Historical Society Meeting  ( 3526 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : August 08, 2009, 09:23:44 PM »

Picture of the Day August 9, 2009

A lonely sunflower fights to survive along Rt. 104.

FAIRFAX HISTORICAL SOCIETY MEETING
Posted for Sunday August 9th.......................

The Fairfax Historical Society will be meeting Sunday August 30th at 2pm at the museum at 1181 Main Street. We will start off with our regular business meeting. Around 2:35pm, we will make our way south on Main Street over to Main Hill, where we will meet up with Ann Lemeiux of Dusty Trail Realty. She will be opening the old grange hall so we may have a look inside and share stories about the building's history. The building is not in great shape and access to certain areas will be limited.
The Society would like to thank Ann for opening this Fairfax landmark for this occasion.
The public is invited to attend. For more information, please call 849-6638.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : August 09, 2009, 07:00:05 AM »

I remember dropping Maryann off there before we were married for her bridal shower - That would have been in the summer of 1960.  Also remember attending the 25th wedding anniversary celebration for Kay & Adolph Hoben and that would have been in 1957.  Not sure if either of these were the occasions, but at many of these get-togethers, Effie Bellows (Grandmother of Dale) used to read some original poems and Clarence Preston, who used to live where Marvin & Cathy Thayer live now used to recite some original poems.

Entertainment at these parties and gatherings was usually some local people singing & playing musical instruments.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: