Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 09:19:31 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  August 14th & Summer Is Almost Here
« previous next »
: [1]
: August 14th & Summer Is Almost Here  ( 2783 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : August 14, 2009, 07:45:48 AM »

We may reach 90 degrees within the next few days and no rain expected until late next Tuesday.  Watch the gardens shoot now.  I don't believe there are any big doings this weekend, but sure would be a great weekend for them if there was.

I was able to get my lawn mowed yesterday, with only about 5 minutes of sprinkles which sent me inside for a bit, but it dried out quickly.

Today is August 14th and I remember as a kid, we always went to St. Anne's Shrine in Isle La Motte which is the Catholic Feast of The Assumption.  It used to be like a family reunion as relatives from all around Northwestern Vermont, Northeastern New York State and The Province of Quebec used to gather.

As I look back on those August 15th reunions today, very few of those people are still alive.  Even the Old St. Anne's Shrine has had most of its old time charm modernized.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : August 15, 2009, 08:41:51 AM »

I just got a note from one of my IBM retiree friends down in Austin - We should feel lucky I guess:

"We are setting high temp heat days at over 100 degrees and we now are at 55  days. Austin is now in an extreme draught and our lakes are almost gone and cant even serve water in restaurants. Please send your weather our way."

Henry Raymond
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #2 : August 16, 2009, 02:06:08 AM »

8/15 here and we have rain.

Temps in the mid 50's to upper 60's.

Snow is on the way.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: