Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 04:29:50 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  There Is A New TV Station In The Area Showing Movies
« previous next »
: [1]
: There Is A New TV Station In The Area Showing Movies  ( 3425 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 01, 2009, 07:40:38 AM »

WPTZ will begin broadcasting the exciting new movie channel THIS-TV from MGM on the station's multicast digital channel 5.2 starting Monday (Yesterday).

THIS-TV is a 24 hour-a-day Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer studio-based programming service with 4,000 films and 10,000 episodes of TV series. WPTZ's 5.2 signal is available on most local cable systems as well as over the air.

The THIS-TV MGM film library is made up of six distinct libraries (Cannon, United Artists, Polygram Filmed Entertainment, Orion, Samuel Goldwyn Films and MGM) that will provide quality entertainment for viewers across the Champlain Valley.

WPTZ's 5.2 will be the place for movie and TV nostalgia lovers, officials said.

"We've been searching for the best product to offer our viewers since NBC cancelled its national Weather Plus network in December 2008," said Paul Sands, President and General Manager of WPTZ. "We're excited to be able to provide Champlain Valley viewers this top quality movie network that will add to the choices they have for free over-the-air local TV service.

"'THIS-TV' network viewers can rest assured that WPTZ will immediately notify them of all breaking news and weather so they can turn to NewsChannel 5, WPTZ's main digital channel, for all up to date information," Sands concluded.

So far I haven't been able to find a listing of the movies and times they are showing them.  I get channel 5.2 over the air with my antenna.

Henry Raymond
trussell
: 870

« #1 : September 01, 2009, 08:13:59 AM »

Hey, that's awesome! Although I don't watch much tv, I love having "free" options.  Since the conversion to digital, I've become an avid watcher of 33.3 and 33.4....

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
fletchtb
: 310

« #2 : September 02, 2009, 10:45:31 AM »

The listing of what is on this channel can be found at www.this.tv
: [1]  
« previous next »
: