Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 02:28:09 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  2 More Break ins
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: 2 More Break ins  ( 16804 )
DrewCrash
: 104

« #15 : September 12, 2009, 12:08:25 PM »

I love driving through the village at 30 m.p.h. as it always seems to bother the person behind me. I will say that I probably have gone too fast at times on roads like Buck Hollow. But let's not lose focus on the issue at hand, which is not speed traps. The issue that it appears to be individuals who are reviewing houses on foot and then striking. They likely have a vehicle, possibly with a driver, waiting near by. If this is the case, then there clearly is an opportunity for the police to deter crime.

1. Public meeting, invite the local television stations as a "Town Addresses Burglary Spree..." The goal here is to at least get the word out and put fear into the would be robberies that patrols are increasing, even if it is just posturing for the public. Perception is sometimes more powerful than reality.
2. Negotiate desired block of times in which patrols should be detected. a) Neighborhood patrols on the back roads (to be identified) between 10 a.m. and 12 p.m. Speed traps in the lunch hour from 12 p.m. - 1 p.m. (when you would assume people are likely to be zipping around on a lunch hour) And then another drive around between 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. If there are suspicious vehicles or people randomly walking around, the sheriff will at least be able to notice this much and stop to ask questions. This is a 4 hour allocation of time. b) Return to Fairfax for the evening commute and for the dismissal of schools. If the youth see the police, this too may be a valuable deterrent. I have read recently that some of these robberies were committed by high school students. The evening commute (from 4 p.m) on will likely allow for more speed traps. c) Increase evening speed traps on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday to not only capture speeders, but the increased likelihood that one would capture a possible driver under the influence. As we are the customer of the Sheriff department, remember they are here for us and not vice versa, then we have every right to address how neighborhoods are patrolled and how we address increased movements of crime activities.

I am not trying to be critical of the Sheriff's department, I am simply saying that in an environment as such, there are issues that should be addressed. If a manufacturer produced less than desired quality for a customer, the customer would address the issue in the hopes of resolving the quality. With that wonderful analogy, I firmly believe the select board should have this conversation and it would be nice to see them out and about, or even setting speed traps on Cherryville Road to catch speeders coming down Brick Church or sitting on the east side of Carroll Hill Road to catch speeders coming down Buck Hollow.

Ok...I am done....

Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #16 : September 12, 2009, 12:18:59 PM »

Any meetings with the Selectboard, it is best to call the Selectboard Administrator to get put on the agenda.  The Selectboard only meets every other week - You might be able to get in under Public Input, but best to know you will be heard.

Henry Raymond
Lilone
: 81

« #17 : September 14, 2009, 08:30:20 AM »

We do have to be very wary of walkers and bikers as well. The robbers make a habit of walking/riding by 2-3 times a day to map out your schedule, When you come home, how long you are gone on the weekands, how many cars in the yard etc. Especially if they just started walking by recently, I would keep a close eye on them. I hope they mess up and someone catches them. They need to be taught a lesson
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #18 : September 14, 2009, 09:27:19 AM »

We should be on the lookout today as many folks are back at work and homes are empty.
If you're driving about, keep an eye open.

Nobody suspicious near the school..................

(No comments, Mike Raburn).
« : September 15, 2009, 07:36:55 AM Chris Santee »

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
DrewCrash

« #19 : September 14, 2009, 03:40:15 PM »

I wasn't waiting. My security measures are being installed first thing tomorrow.

In regards to suspicious activities, my neighbor was walking during a weekday and noticed a box truck drive by a couple of times that was labeled to the effect of "We Buy Estate Sales"   - There was no other information, no telephone #'s...Also stated that the two men driving (passed her twice) didn't look like they would be working for a company that bought estate sales. Just another thing to be on the look-out for. They could easily back up to a garage and no one would question it. We look at lettering a vehicle as something legitimate.
dearon
: 233

« #20 : September 14, 2009, 03:49:14 PM »

We have friends on Wilkins Road, that informed us Friday around noon a man in a white van with 2 ladders on top stopped by.  He said he was doing his own bottle drive as he had a tooth that needed some work and his boss wouldn't loan him the money.
I told them to be especially carefull of someone just pulling up and ringing the door bell
I for one would have never came to the door or even listened to what they had to say.
Chris Santee

« #21 : September 14, 2009, 05:29:26 PM »

Anybody see anything on River Road Sunday night ?
A couple decoys were stolen.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
DrewCrash

« #22 : September 14, 2009, 06:03:46 PM »

Decoys?
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #23 : September 14, 2009, 09:58:37 PM »

Also be on the look out for a 1995 White Acura Integra and a newer black or dark blue VW bug.  What kind of Decoys did they get Chris? I'll keep my ears open.
« : September 14, 2009, 10:04:28 PM FXDHS »

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
Chris Santee

« #24 : September 15, 2009, 05:59:37 AM »

Two geese decoys. No, they didn't fly south.

They could well be along River Road
between Fairfax Auto and the blinking light.

Just an educated guess.

An another note, this is the second "newer VW Bug" reported.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: