Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 08:23:53 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Winfred R. Decker, Sr. Passes Away At Age 88
« previous next »
: [1]
: Winfred R. Decker, Sr. Passes Away At Age 88  ( 2386 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 14, 2009, 04:55:36 PM »

Winfred R. Decker, Sr.

Georgia - Winfred Reuben Decker, Sr., 88 passed away on Saturday September 12, 2009 at St. Albans Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center in St. Albans, VT.  He was born in the back seat of his parents’ buggy on Sodom Road in Georgia, VT on March 13, 1921 son of the late Reuben & Lottie (Carr) Decker.  He married the former Lura Goldsmith on February 25, 1945 at Stuart Newton’s Farm in Georgia, VT.  They shared 59 wonderful years of marriage before she passed away on February 12, 2003.  Winfred enjoyed meeting people and always looked forward to his country rides.  He was a very passionate and successful deer hunter who had traveled to Maine, Southern Vermont, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick in tracking the elusive white tail.  His greatest joy was being with Lura and his family enjoying the precious time spent with his many grandchildren.  Winfred will be greatly missed by all who knew and loved him.

He is survived by his two son, Winfred R. Decker Jr. and wife Aleta of Jeffersonville and Ronald Decker of Georgia and his daughter Barbara Tetreault and husband Normand of NY;  Thirteen Grandchildren;  Twenty-Seven Great Grandchildren;  Several nieces, nephews and cousins.

He was also predeceased by his three brothers, Arnold, Judson and Bill.

Visiting hours will be held on Wednesday September 16, 2009 from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. at A. W. Rich Funeral Home – Fairfax Chapel.  There will be no public funeral services held.  Inurnment will be in the family lot in Georgia Plains Cemetery at the convenience of the family.  Memorial contributions in Winfred’s memory may be made to the American Cancer Society 55 Day Lane, Williston, VT 05495-1460.  Arrangements are by John D. Workman, A. W. Rich Funeral Home – Fairfax Chapel, 1176 Main St. Fairfax, VT 05454.  The family invites you to share your online condolences by directly visiting www.awrichfuneralhomes.com.   

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: