Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 04:36:54 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Fairfax Road Crew Pitches In - Saving Water Department Money
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fairfax Road Crew Pitches In - Saving Water Department Money  ( 6401 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 16, 2009, 11:04:55 AM »

60 Year Old 2 inch iron pipe starting at the pump station on Buck Hollow Road to Village View Road is being replaced with 4 inch plastic pipe at about 50% the cost it would be if it was contracted out.  The 4 inch pipe I call plastic pipe has another name, but I don't remember what it is called.

Over the years, homeowners have graded and put fill on their lawns and in the case where they were digging this morning, the water shut off to the house was found four feet in the ground.  Nobody knew where it actually was.

Excess dirt is being stored on Paul Langelier's property just down from the pumping station.

One way traffic is being controlled by Paul Lavallee & John Ellsworth.

Pat Pigeon mans the round pointed shovel as Randy, Supervisor for the project and Paul Langelier prepare to hook in the new shut off.

The Fairfax Road Crew, Don Pigeon, operating the Backhoe, DJ Leach operating the front end loader, Pat Pigeon, round pointed shovel and Stan Jenkins all around help hope to have one third of the job done by tonight.

Grading and other road maintenance is being put on the back burner at present, so for those of you that are watching for the grader or other maintenance, bear with them, this job should be completed shortly.

Henry Raymond
dearon
: 233

« #1 : September 16, 2009, 12:20:33 PM »

We certainly are fortunate to have such a good crew.
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #2 : September 16, 2009, 09:48:37 PM »

Better get done quick and filled in before SOMEONE comes by and sees that ex!!!

Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #3 : September 17, 2009, 07:37:44 AM »

What's ex!!!

Henry Raymond
HayesFXFD17
: 125

« #4 : September 17, 2009, 10:30:34 AM »

Henry,

I believe he was refering to the "ex" as excavation.  I am pretty sure he was refering to OSHA and if they saw this but it appears the "trench" is less than 5' in depth therefore would not require a "trench box" or employee protection from cave in in accordance with the OSHA construction standards.  It appears that the loose soil is sloped back and is about 2' back from the leading edge. 

Great work guys.  May want to think about hard hats though.

ohhman
: 469

« #5 : September 17, 2009, 12:05:14 PM »

We do have fantastic water & road crews for sure! As a paying customer on the water/sewer system, I thank you for working together to save the dept. money! Especially since $$$ had to be taken from there to pay the legal fees from a certain development of housing on Main st.; something that went way too far due to a select few (one) that no longer serves on the board.  Yes, it was a water issue, BUT it was not coming from the water dept./users that were being so bullheaded! glad that was solved!!  Wonder how much that set the water dept. back?  So thankyou road & water crews for saving $$$$$$!!!!!!!!!! Be safe!
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #6 : September 17, 2009, 08:54:11 PM »

The picture makes it look deeper that 5'.

It's all perspective, I guess.
trussell
: 870

« #7 : September 18, 2009, 08:25:49 AM »

Mike- That's 5 Vermont Feet... I know things are different up there in the frozen north.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
: [1]  
« previous next »
: