Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 12:23:10 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Fairfax Road & Water Crew Making Good Progress On Pipe Replacement
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fairfax Road & Water Crew Making Good Progress On Pipe Replacement  ( 4472 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 22, 2009, 12:15:42 PM »

DJ Leach, Paul Langelier, Don Pigeon, Randy Devine, Stan Jenkins & Pat Pigeon gathered while on their lunch break for me to get a photo of all of them together.  This Happy-Go-Lucky Group is coming right along on replacing the water line from the pumping station to Village View Road.  They work very well together, which is great to see.

Flaggers Paul Lavallee and John Ellsworth, shown above could not leave their posts to have their photos taken with the others.  Found out they don't use radios for traffic, but have a particular protocol they use to let traffic through.  Paul told me after DJ Leach had just blocked the road, now we always let the cars from this side go first when the road is clear and they did, each one knew what the other was going to do.
« : September 22, 2009, 12:18:44 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Jason Elledge
: 31

« #1 : September 22, 2009, 03:20:09 PM »

Hi, Henry.  Any idea why the lines needed to be replaced?  Just curious.
Henry
Administrator

« #2 : September 22, 2009, 04:41:34 PM »

My understanding is that they are iron and about 60 years old with a number of leaks that are wasting water.

Henry Raymond
Jason Elledge
: 31

« #3 : September 26, 2009, 10:04:39 AM »

Thanks, Henry.  Anyone know how to get hold of Randy?  Looks like we have no water pressure at the end of the line since yesterday.  I wonder if they forgot toopen the line back ukn yesterday.  Gonna be a long weekend without water.
Henry
Administrator

« #4 : September 26, 2009, 11:14:43 AM »

You could try calling the Selectboard Chair Bob Horr - He is in the phone book and I am sure he can get you in contact with Randy.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #5 : September 28, 2009, 09:53:36 AM »

In talking with the crew when they were laying the water line, it was mentioned that dirt getting in the line could pose a problem.  I mentioned that to Jason and he responded with the following:

Hi Henry,

Looks like we figured out the problem.  Your mention of dirt clogging the line got me thinking.  We are at the end of the Buck Hollow water line and we get everything that flows downstream.  A previous owner had installled a whole house water filter because of the problems that was causing.  Well, I though it might be a good idea to change the filter. Sure enough, with all the milky water and shut-on and shut-offs this past week, the filter was very dirty.  We have flowing water this morning and that first shower of the weekend felt great!

Thanks for you help and I'm glad we solved the problem without have to call selectboard members.  Enjoy your Sunday.

I had seen Paul Langelier at 11 a.m. Mass Sunday and he was going to get in touch with Randy, but had sent a note to Jason and he responded with the above to me after I had talked to Paul.

Glad your problem got resolved - I installed a whole house filter at my house after a pipe from my well broke and sand got in my water line.  Not a bad idea I guess.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: