Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 04:21:58 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  PRESS RELEASE - OPERATION C.A.R.E. - Vt State Police
« previous next »
: [1]
: PRESS RELEASE - OPERATION C.A.R.E. - Vt State Police  ( 2078 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : December 30, 2005, 07:16:35 PM »

PRESS RELEASE

OPERATION C.A.R.E.

During the weekend of December 16-18, 2005 the Vermont State Police participated in Operation C.A.R.E. (Combined Accident Reduction Effort) Lifesaver Weekend. Operation C.A.R.E. is a national campaign by state police agencies across the country to reduce motor vehicle crashes, impaired driving, increase seat belt use and high visibility enforcement. The emphasis was on impaired driving during Lifesaver Weekend.

During this enforcement weekend there were no fatalities reported in the geographical areas covered by Vermont State Police.

Also, during this weekend Troopers arrested and charged 23 persons for driving while impaired (DWI), issued 243 speeding citations and assisted 97 motorists. There were 48 property damage motor vehicle crashes and 8 injury motor vehicle crashes. 3 crashes were alcohol related.  

A safety belt use rate report recently issued by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that Vermont’s safety belt use rate for 2005 was 84.7% (conducted post Click It or Ticket campaign / June 2005). Vermont’s pre campaign use rate for 2005 was 74% (May 2005). Nonuse of safety belts still continues to be a contributing factor in many injury and fatality crashes in Vermont.

The Vermont State Police will continue strict enforcement targeting impaired drivers though the Christmas and New Year’s Holidays.

LT Evans

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: