Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 06:29:31 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Fairfax Man One Of Six Charged With Deer Baiting
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fairfax Man One Of Six Charged With Deer Baiting  ( 3862 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : October 06, 2009, 12:22:25 PM »

MORETOWN -- Six men and a juvenile have been charged with deer baiting after an investigation Sunday in Moretown.  One of the men was a 45 year old Fairfax man.

State game wardens raided 11 deer stands off Ward Brook Road on Sunday evening after prior investigation found the stands were baited with various deer attractants including salt, grain, acorn product, and apples. It is illegal to bait deer in Vermont.

Two other men also face charges in the case. One juvenile was ticketed for placing an unlawful tree stand and for hunting over salt and bait.

“Illegal means” charges can result in forfeiture of all equipment used in a violation as well as fines of up to $500 and jail time up to 60 days. “Baiting deer” carries the same fine and jail time.

Vermont law prohibits feeding or baiting deer as a precaution to prevent the spread of diseases.

Henry Raymond
cedarman
: 370

« #1 : October 07, 2009, 06:17:19 AM »

"Vermont law prohibits feeding or baiting deer as a precaution to prevent the spread of diseases."

I'm glad to see the rational for the anti-baiting law stated with this article.  Sometimes, I hear or read laws and wonder about rational behind the law.
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #2 : October 10, 2009, 02:18:10 AM »

How do you BAIT deer?
Salt licks, Oldsmobile's??? Crown Victoria"s??? All with headlights on HIGH?????

Just asking,

: [1]  
« previous next »
: