Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 04:28:40 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Photo from A Vermont Century Book Of A Georgia Plains Turkey Dinner
« previous next »
: [1]
: Photo from A Vermont Century Book Of A Georgia Plains Turkey Dinner  ( 3643 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : October 07, 2009, 12:24:42 PM »

Sue Howard sent me the following photo & post:

Hi Henry--

I tried sending a photo with a post but received an error message.  The photo, is from the cover of the book A Vermont Century , and is of a past Georgia Plains Turkey dinner   At one time I knew the names of all of the folks in the picture as well as the date it was taken.  My memory is falling me today!  Anyway, I thought it may be of interest.  Perhaps some one will recognize these people!

Best,
Sue

Henry Raymond
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #1 : October 07, 2009, 05:27:16 PM »

Thank you for the wonderful photo!
Suzy
: 429

« #2 : October 08, 2009, 07:56:19 AM »

The book says the photo is around 1940, but doesn't tell who the people are. 
Suzy
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #3 : October 08, 2009, 08:00:41 AM »

I'll bet Peter Mallett knows, but I think he is living over in Jeffersonville right now.

Henry Raymond
Sue W.
: 167

« #4 : October 08, 2009, 01:30:09 PM »

Yes, Peter would know, he's the one that told me who was in the photo.  I think the woman may have been Judy Greene's (Georgia's former town clerk) mother or aunt.  I thought one of the children was one of the Nye girls.  I will see if I can find out the next time I am at work.  Peter Mallett has moved from Georgia to Cambridge.  The photo came from an interesting book.  I think  Carolyn Branagan mentioned that this dinner was one of the oldest of its type in VT.  She may also know who is in the picture!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: