Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:19:32 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  New Restaurant In St. Albans
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: New Restaurant In St. Albans  ( 17400 )
DrewCrash
: 104

« #15 : October 09, 2009, 04:51:20 PM »

I'd also like to give props to The Hub Pizzeria and Pub in Johnson. Good pizza...worth the relaxing drive to Johnson and you can further support local shops by hitting Ebenezar Books across the street from The Hub. I do believe The Hub was once a hardware store...nice atmosphere and good pizza.
7F30
: 47

« #16 : October 09, 2009, 05:13:45 PM »

The pizza is very good there.  It is worth the drive. I liked the buffalo chicken pizza.
edakrupp

« #17 : October 10, 2009, 06:27:40 AM »

Which is?
7F30
: 47

« #18 : October 10, 2009, 06:40:12 AM »

Its a pizza with either blue cheese or ranch instead of pizza sauce, cheese, grilled chicken and hot sauce sprinkled on top.  Mimo's also makes a good one.
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #19 : October 10, 2009, 08:09:04 AM »

There are times when people are not sure whether or not to post a negative comment, so they e-mail them to me.  I received a comment that has some negativity in it about One Federal.  It appears that this was on their big opening on Easter Sunday, so I am sure much has been learned from it by now.  I think that if they were not aware of this particular situation, or if it is still happening, they might want to address it - Lots of positive comments, but like any other businesses, not all customers are happy:

We went to the "new restaurant" on their opening day - Easter Sunday - I believe. We arrived at 1:00 - prime time & it  was a total disaster.  (Your member "GPDVT" alluded to the brunch too, I believe.)    I have never seen such disarray and lack of food .  Yes, they even had pasta set out  to fill in.  They were all out of several main dishes including the Ham!.  The potato was cold....I could go on, The desert section was empty except for a few cookies, yes, just a few cookies.  We very politely told our waitress how disappointed we were in the meal....and her meek reply was that they had more patrons than they had expected.  The very least they should  have done was to give us a rain check.  They never should have seated us in the first place, knowing how little food they had.   We will probably never go there again.

The old Federal Establishment had great food and plenty of it at reasonable prices....do miss the "old place."

Henry Raymond
Suzy
: 429

« #20 : October 10, 2009, 09:13:16 AM »

I agree with DrewCrash.  I had the pizza in Johnson, and it was goooo-ooo-ooood!  YUM!

I especially like The Bees Knees in Morrisville too.  The food has always been really great there!

Cajun's Snack Bar in Lowell has Awesome fried clams, and usually a pretty good deal on seafood.

I can't help myself from commenting when the subject is food, can you tell?  Don't even get me started on donuts....

Does anyone remember the old Charlie Vermont restaurant in St. Albans?  They had good food there!
DrewCrash
: 104

« #21 : October 10, 2009, 05:18:12 PM »

mmm...donuts. Had some nice warm apple cider donuts today. Love Vermont!!!
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #22 : October 11, 2009, 02:59:58 AM »

... but their web site says they have a "Victorian quart yard."

Perhaps thats the outside area where one can enjoy a quart of their favorite beverage (we can handle more than a pint around here!) ???

PINT! Heck ya!

Hoist ONE for me!
edakrupp

« #23 : October 11, 2009, 07:22:27 AM »

I took 4 kids and two of my friends there last night and was very pleased. Solid average food, nothing too weird, or yuppie-ish. The kids had the Mac and cheese that was made with a cream reduction sauce, not too much cheese, the Burger I had was good- miss the Burger Barn.

One friend had strip steak and it was tender, but lacked veggies (perhaps that salad was his option) Another friend had the Seafood Neuburg- plenty of fish and flavor, but again I noticed the absence of fresh veggies.

Everything had generous portions, and the atmosphere tolerated the presence of the children. We stayed away from dessert because we were stuffed!, the cheddar Ale soup was a bit grainy, but the flavor was divine.

If you have a long wait, there is a sitting room, and the bathrooms were clean- a little pet peeve of mine. The children liked standing outside the kitchen and watching the chefs cook, they seemed very organized, and a tight team. Kitchen was clean too.
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: