Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 12:28:00 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Today's St. Luke's Turkey Dinner
« previous next »
: [1]
: Today's St. Luke's Turkey Dinner  ( 2731 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 01, 2009, 05:45:39 PM »

A special thanks to Van Lantagne, Kathy Hogan and Joanne Blodgett, our chairpersons for the Turkey Dinner, along with all the hard working volunteers helping them out.

Maryann was feeling some better today and so we got our usual takeout.  Earlier in the week, didn't think Maryann would be up to it.  The takeout personnel, Kathy Hogan and her crew did a fantastic job of preparing our takeout.  We are dark meat eaters, so they had to vary a bit in the preparation.  We will be eating the pie tonight for lunch.  Maryann wasn't able to eat all of her main meal, so there is some aside for leftovers for me.

The number of reservations was down this year, so there were only two servings.  While I was waiting for my take out, visited a bit with Bob Bessette.  Bob has to be one of the longest serving volunteers at this annual event.  I saw some of our young people working and probably in another 35 years, some of them will still be volunteering for this annual event, just like Bob Bessette.

Bob told me, "Don't know if the job is getting harder, or I am getting older."  Think it might be some of the latter Bob.  It is great to see so many of our new people here in the parish pitching in.  I didn't get down to take any photos this year of the crew working, but like Bob, I am getting a bit older myself.

Henry Raymond
vtmomx3
: 11

« #1 : November 03, 2009, 03:00:03 PM »

Hi Henry,
Thank you so much for the kind words. Every year so many people help to put on our one and only fundraiser for the church. From the behind-the-scenes help of lugging many, many items to and from the church, to the many hands peeling, chopping , stirring, etc. to the servers on the day of the dinner , we appreciate all the help that is given. Laughter and smiles are always  seen throughout the process of getting ready for our turkey dinner. We thank those of you who participated by coming to enjoy a home cooked meal and to visit with old and new friends. We are looking forward to serving even more people next year!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: