Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 04:39:46 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Fairfax Community Theatre Company Member Passes Away
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fairfax Community Theatre Company Member Passes Away  ( 3686 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 04, 2009, 08:01:09 AM »

Robin B. Mahany
(November 8, 1944 - November 2, 2009)

St. Albans – Robin B. Mahany passed away Monday, November 2, 2009, at her home with her loving family at her side. Born on November 8, 1944, in New York City, she was the daughter of the late, Walter Francis Burns, Jr. and Chiquita Evangeline Williams Burns. Robin married Walter T. Mahany, on April 18, 1964, in Boston Massachusetts, who survives her.

Until her illness, Robin was the Distributor Liaison for the Silhouet-Tone, USA in St. Albans. She was a member of the First Congregational Church of St. Albans and was very active in the Children’s Sunday School as Superintendent and teacher. She also was on the Church Music Committee serving as their Secretary. Robin also was active with the Fairfax Community Theatre Company.
Survivors include her husband of forty-five years, Walter of St. Albans; their daughter, Sarah DeGuise and her husband, Eric, of Fairfield; their three sons, Walter T. Mahany, III and his wife, Sue, of Burlington, Jeremiah E. Mahany of Burlington and Nathan B. Mahany and his wife, Erica, of Manhattan, New York. Robin is also survived by her cherished grandchildren, Harry DeGuise and Ryan and Rebecca Mahany; her brother, Walter F. Burns, III and his wife, Anja of West Palm Beach, Florida; her grand dogs, “Porter” and “Gracie” and many dear friends.

A Celebration of Robin’s life will be held on Sunday, November 15, 2009, at 11:30 A.M. in the First Congregational Church of St. Albans on the North End of Church Street with the Reverend Judy Steger Kennedy officiating. Robin’s family will receive friends in the fellowship hall following the service. Those planning an expression of sympathy are asked to consider the Children’s Sunday School, c/o The First Congregational Church, 27 Church Street, St. Albans, Vermont 05478. Assisting the Mahany family is Raymond “Rett” Heald of the Heald Funeral Home and Cremation Service in St. Albans. Private messages of condolence are welcome at www.healdfuneralhome.com.

Henry Raymond
Margie
: 156

« #1 : November 04, 2009, 07:03:28 PM »

Thank you for posting this, Henry.  Robin was the gentlest, most loving person I've ever known.  She has had a profound impact on my life.  My life is so much richer for knowing her.  And the FCTC has lost a very important person to the organization.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: