Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 12:40:17 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Cub Scouts, Pie Throwing & Woodworking.
« previous next »
: [1]
: Cub Scouts, Pie Throwing & Woodworking.  ( 3459 )
David Shea
: 471

« : November 05, 2009, 08:47:42 AM »

The November Cub Scout Meeting was a lot of fun.  The Scout's had a chance to team up with mom or dad to build a project of their own.  We all had a chance to practice sharing of tools, working together and skill building.

Three groups worked on bluebird houses, while the other two worked on three dimensional reindeer or Adirondack Chairs.

A special reward for the scouts who filled up their popcorn order form happened as well.  These four scouts tried their skill at throwing whip cream pies in my face.

A great mom son team effort!

A proud father with a happy Scout.

A special thank you goes out to everyone who made this event possible.

Vermont Woodworking School for donating the use of their space.

J & L Hardware for donating the screws and nails used for the bluebird houses.

Den Leader Todd Langlois
for the countless hours he spent driving to Lussier's Saw Mill in Franklin, VT to pick up the cedar for the Adirondack Chair project.  Also for cutting out all of the Reindeer and Adirondack Chair parts for the boys to assemble.

Click on the link below for a slide show of all the action.

http://www.vtgrandpa.com/photos/slideshow.php?set_albumName=cubscout_091103

I really wished that I hadn't volunteered for this.
« : November 05, 2009, 09:57:37 AM David Shea »
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : November 05, 2009, 07:43:23 PM »

Great photos Dave - Looks like a very active group

Henry Raymond
David Shea
: 471

« #2 : November 05, 2009, 07:51:11 PM »

Thanks,

Yes they are, just like I was at their age.  It is very rewarding to be able to provide opportunities for the boys and their families that will leave them with good memories.

Sometimes the world may seem like it has falling down, but we can raise it, if we lift the spirit of one child.

Dave
« : November 05, 2009, 07:56:08 PM David Shea »
: [1]  
« previous next »
: