Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 23, 2024, 06:25:29 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Football Scores With Link To Photos From BFA/Windsor Game
« previous next »
: [1]
: Football Scores With Link To Photos From BFA/Windsor Game  ( 3038 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 07, 2009, 03:29:52 PM »

Just checked on the Free Press of BFA & Bellows Falls Football Scores - What a close game between Windsor & Fairfax - I am sure we will have some photos and feedback when they get home from the game.

No. 1 Windsor 19, No. 4 BFA-Fairfax 17
No. 3 Springfield 31, No. 2 Bellows Falls 21
« : November 07, 2009, 11:25:28 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
mirjo
: 785

« #1 : November 07, 2009, 08:31:48 PM »

WOW, That's a great showing. How heartbreaking to lose by 2 points! It is so wonderful to see this team make it to the playoffs so quickly! Although I'm sure they're disappointed by the loss, they have every reason to be EXTREMELY PROUD!! Windsor is a tough team and has ranked in the top tier of the division for a number of years. It looks like BFA made em sweat a little today! :-)

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
Henry
Administrator

« #2 : November 07, 2009, 10:20:31 PM »

WINDSOR — Playing in their very first playoff game in the three-year history of the BFA-Fairfax football program, the No.¤4 Bullets were hoping to pull off an upset of top-seeded Windsor Saturday afternoon.

The Bullets fell short in its upset bid as the Yelllow Jackets held on for a 19-17 Division III high school football semifinal win at MacLeay-Royce Field in Windsor.

Gavin Callahan sealed the win, picking off a Fairfax pass with 1:30 left in the game at the Windsor 4 yard line.

“I am very proud of the way we played today but not satisfied,” BFA coach Mike Williams. “This is a nice step in the right direction. This is something we can build on in the future.”

Windsor opened the scoring when Callahan found Austin Soule for a 11-yard TD strike with 4:50 left in the first quarter.
BFA surged back — Josh Wooward’s 22-yard field goal and Andrew Barden’s 33-yard scoring pass to Jeremy Lawrence — for 10 unanswered points and a 10-7 lead.

Windsor held a 13-10 halftime after Callahan’s toss to Tyler Kibling. Windsor upped the lead to 19-10 late in the third quarter on Matt Rafus’ 41-yard scamper.

The Bullets closed the scoring on Ben Langelier’s 1-yard plunge with 1:25 left in the third.

BFA ends at 5-5.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #3 : November 07, 2009, 11:24:28 PM »

Karen McNall took 31 photos of today's game and I have added them to the album Football 2009.  There are 10 other photos in that album in addition to the 31 I added tonight.

Just click on the following link to go to the album:

http://www.vtgrandpa.com/photos/bfafootball_2009?page=2

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: