Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 09:27:06 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Two People Killed In Crash On New North End Beltline
« previous next »
: [1]
: Two People Killed In Crash On New North End Beltline  ( 8963 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : January 10, 2010, 04:06:58 PM »

Two people have been killed in a motor-vehicle accident on Vermont 127 in Burlington's New North End.

Burlington Police said the road, familiarly known as "The Beltline," is closed until further notice.

Free Press photographer Emily McManamy reports from the crash scene that two cars were involved in what appears to be a head-on collison: A black Volkswagen sedan and a silver-grey sport-utility vehicle.

No further information is available at this time. Police have said a news release will be distributed later today.

For more, click on link below:

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #1 : January 10, 2010, 05:43:58 PM »

The victims, the cars’ drivers, were a 20-year-old from Montpelier, and a 30-year-old from Colchester. The men’s names were not released, pending notification of family.

Any updates will be posted on the Burlington Free Press Link below:

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/article/20100110/NEWS02/100110009/Two-men-killed-in-Beltline-head-on-collision

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #2 : January 10, 2010, 08:04:40 PM »

From what I heard on The Channel 5 News tonight: 

"Witnesses indicate that the vehicle that was southbound did veer into the oncoming lane of the northbound vehicle," Burlington Deputy Police Chief Andi Higbee said. "It does not appear at this point that weather or speed played any part or role in this crash."

I almost appears that the person that veered into the oncoming lane may have thought he was on The Interstate and forgot it was two way traffic - Probably will never know.  They will be doing toxicology tests.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #3 : January 11, 2010, 05:50:21 PM »

Police have identified the victims of a serious head-on collision that happened in Burlington.

Burlington Police say the collision happened on Route 127, also known as the beltline, just south of Plattsburgh Avenue around 1 p.m. on Sunday.

Police say Taylor Mclaughlin, 20, of Colchester, was traveling southbound when his car veered into the other lane of traffic and hit a car driven by Michael Wagner, 30, also from Colchester, head-on.

Police say the crash killed both drivers.

Wagner's passenger, Travis Thibault, 27, of Colchester, was transported to the hospital where he was treated and released for minor injuries.

Police say speed and alcohol do not appear to be factors at this time.

The beltline was closed for over four hours.

If you have any information regarding this accident, please call the Burlington Police Department at 658-2700.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #4 : January 11, 2010, 07:57:11 PM »

Authorities are investigating the possibility that a driver texting on his cell phone caused a head-on collision in Burlington that killed himself and the other driver.  For more click on the link below:

http://www.wcax.com/global/story.asp?s=11798850

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #5 : January 13, 2010, 08:43:51 AM »

Something so very, very sad when we lose one of our young people.  The photo below (left) is of the 20 year old and (right) the 30 year old.  I am sure we can all think of someone who died tragically at a very young age - Something we never forget

« : January 13, 2010, 11:12:52 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #6 : January 13, 2010, 10:54:28 AM »

I have now put up both photos of the two young men killed on the beltline - Taylor age 20 and Michael age 30

Henry Raymond
Judi
: 508

« #7 : January 13, 2010, 02:28:00 PM »

This is just heartbreaking! Reminds to all count our blessing for each minute we have.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: