Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:33:57 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Excuse My Ignorance, But Is Fairfax In A Different League Now??
« previous next »
: [1]
: Excuse My Ignorance, But Is Fairfax In A Different League Now??  ( 4235 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : January 13, 2010, 08:51:23 AM »

I am not that up to date on our sports down here at BFA and think I saw some photos in the St. Albans Messenger of BFA-Fairfax playing basketball against BFA-St. Albans.  Also saw them playing on Channel 3 news last night against another team.  Has Fairfax Changed Leagues??  Or am I just out of the loop.  Its interesting how we lose contact with the school once our kids graduate from school.  My youngest graduated from BFA in 1988.

Henry Raymond
Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« #1 : January 13, 2010, 09:48:16 AM »

We're still in Division 3 for both Boys and Girls sports Henry.  It's common for our teams to play teams from other divisions - both higher and lower than ours.  Lower divisioned teams aren't necessarily less skilled teams - it's based on School population - however if School teams demonstrate consistent ability to play, compete and win against higher divisioned teams, and if that School so desires, they can request to be moved up a division.  AGAIN, they'll have a probationary period in which they have to proove they can play at that level.
Girls Basketball plays both Colchester and Milton - both higher divisioned teams - as well as Twinfield and Richford - both lower divisioned teams ( Yet Twinfield has beaten us in all meetings over the last 2 years.... hopefully soon to change!)

Part of the population-based rationale - is that with more students and thus potentially more athletes in a sport - comes a better talent/skill pool in which to draw from.
« : January 13, 2010, 10:43:06 AM Loctavious »

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : January 13, 2010, 09:50:04 AM »

Thanks Loctavious - I appreciate the explanation

Henry Raymond
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #3 : January 16, 2010, 10:54:34 AM »

Both the Cross Country Running team and the Nordic Ski Team often compete against division I and II teams.
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #4 : January 16, 2010, 12:08:35 PM »

and beat them.

Great job.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
: [1]