Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:33:40 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Westford Woman Accused Of Killing & Burning Mother's Body Out On Bail
« previous next »
: [1]
: Westford Woman Accused Of Killing & Burning Mother's Body Out On Bail  ( 5726 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : January 13, 2010, 12:33:36 PM »

WESTFORD, Vt. -- A Westford woman accused of killing her elderly mother before having her son bury the woman's remains was released from jail today.

Jeanne Sevigny, 59, was released after posting $150,000 of her $1.5 million bond. Her son, Greg Sevigny, was placed in the custody of a co-worker. The 30-year-old is accused of burying his grandmother's burned remains in a wooded area behind the Westford Elementary School and had been in the custody of his father.

Sevigny posted the bond through a bail bondsman at a hearing in Burlington district court Wednesday. She will report daily to police and is on house arrest. She will wear a monitoring bracelet and an electric fence has been placed around her home to monitor her 24 hours a day. Sevigny's husband, Michael Sevigny, and daughter were in court for her release.

Greg Sevigny had to be removed from his father's home because he is not allowed to have contact with Jeanne Sevigny.

Jeanne Sevigny told police her mother suffered from Alzheimer's disease and wandered from their home Nov. 9, 2006. 

In December, Vermont State Police investigators said they had given up searching for the remains of the 78-year-old Westford grandmother believed buried in woods behind the elementary school. Snow, frozen ground and not knowing exactly where the remains were buried prompted investigators to call off the search until spring.

Prosecutors said Mary Wilcox, who suffered from Alzheimer's disease, was shot to death by Sevigny, who then burned her body in a backyard fire pit. Sevigny's son told police he and a friend buried a suitcase containing the remains in woods behind Westford Elementary School three years ago.

Sevigny had told police her mother suffered from Alzheimer's disease and wandered from their home Nov. 9, 2006. Wilcox was living with her daughter's family when she was reported missing.

Greg Sevigny is charged with unlawful disposal of a human body. 

Sevigny is charged with second-degree murder. Greg Sevigny is charged with unlawful disposal of a human body. Jeanne Sevigny has pleaded not guilty in Chittenden County District Court. Greg Sevigny pleaded not guilty to his charge.

Jeanne Sevigny's attorney said she accidentally shot her mother and simply made poor decisions after the shooting.

Henry Raymond
slpott
: 457

« #1 : January 13, 2010, 09:34:48 PM »

First off there should not have been a bail and second off who accidently shoots their mother and then barries the body. If I accidently shot my mother I think I would probably call someone. I find this very disturbing and think that both of them should "go away" without passing go. Do unto others as you would like done unto you. There ya go. That simple. 
fletchtb
: 310

« #2 : January 14, 2010, 10:47:21 AM »

I saw this report on the news last night and I agree with the prosecutor, that she is not a risk to the community. What she allegedly did was horrible, but she is innocent until proven guilty. I don't think we need her taking up a bed in jail until she is found guilty.

slpott

« #3 : January 14, 2010, 04:20:06 PM »

Neither of them would need a bed. They could have their last meal at home or in the car and say their good bye's on the way. I get irate when we waste money on people that chose to do what they did. They killed the mom, had a bond fire, loaded ashes into a suit case, drove it to the school and barried it. That was a long thought out process and I find it hard to believe that we need a jury to figure out if they are guilty or not. I guess I take the emotion out of murder when it is clearly not an accident or mental issue.
Kathleen
: 167

« #4 : January 15, 2010, 07:26:11 AM »

I agree that the odds are not in her favor about it being an accident.  BUT!!! We have a judicial system that says innocent until proven guilty.  Which means she needs a trial to be proven guilty if she doesn't admit to it herself. 

I also agree that murder is a very emotional topic, but I'm pretty sure we've evolved past the lynch mobs of yesteryear and don't think we should return to that point in history.
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #5 : January 16, 2010, 11:29:40 PM »

I agree with Splott if she crossed the line once whats to say she won't do it again.  Seems to me she doesn't have much to lose at this point and I think she should be in Jail not hanging out in her home with her family. Meanwhile her murdered mothers remains are still unfound buried in a suitcase somewhere in Westford.  Kind of angers me when people like this are given freedoms that they have proven they can't manage.  Michael Jacques is a good example of this in my opinion if he was in Jail where he should have been Brooke Benette would be alive today.  I agree with Innocent until proven guilty but I also think that it is best to use some common sense and releasing someone like this back into the public seems like a bad decision to me.

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
slpott

« #6 : January 17, 2010, 06:20:07 AM »

Being a very compassionate person with faults of my own I would probably tend to be more compassionate if there were not so many inhumane actions that followed. Maybe the shooting was an accident but why did she tell authorities her mother was missing for 2 years while they looked for her? Not to mention the home made creamatory. That is where I am coming from.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: