Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:18:30 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Planning Commission Minutes For January 19, 2010
« previous next »
: [1]
: Planning Commission Minutes For January 19, 2010  ( 3552 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 04, 2010, 08:14:11 PM »

The Planning Commission Minutes for January 19, 2010 have been received and uploaded for you by clicking on the following link if you wish:

http://www.vtgrandpa.com/fxtown/past-pcminutes-index.html

Henry Raymond
cedarman
: 370

« #1 : February 05, 2010, 03:31:45 PM »

thanks for posting the links. I can't make it many of their meetings, but I appreciate being able to read about their decisions.

1 - glad to know that at least one person the the PC thinks that IF the town puts in more sidewalks, the TOWN should be responsible for them (including snow removal) - It's not right to force it on homeowners who in some cases don't want them in the first place.

2 - glad to know the PC current position on the rule that more than one house on a driveway requires a "Road" (and all of the requirements associated with that) may be a bit excessive.
aheyer
: 9

« #2 : February 05, 2010, 08:56:34 PM »

I think what makes it tough in relation to the sidewalk issue is the manpower.  I know that where I live in MA we have to shovel our own sidewalks, and I dont mind the extra excercise, but then again we face fines by the town should it be found that the sidewalks in front of your house are not clear.  With that being said my city also requires it because of the large number of children that walk to school, and for their safety they want sidewalks cleared so the kids are not venturing out into the roads.  If you live witnin a mile of school than bussing is not available to you.  Is it the same for children that live in Fairfax village?   
MR32

« #3 : February 06, 2010, 08:58:47 AM »

How about this.. Build the sidewalks, have the homeowners take responsibility until the town can raise the money to afford to keep them up. Baby steps. Build first, then save, then improve. We desperately need sidewalks, everyone agrees on that. If there is money available to build them, use it or loose it!, residents can handle up keep, until the town has figured out how to finance the up keep. Besides think of all those youth out there who would die to be paid to shovel a neighbors walk!
ohhman
: 469

« #4 : February 06, 2010, 09:18:07 PM »

People seem to forget we have elderly that can't shovel & maintain them, & can't afford to have them shoveled.  Where will the funds come from ? raise taxes? are we being realistic with this thinking with the economy as it is?
: [1]  
« previous next »
: