Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:23:51 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Property Transfers For January Are Now Available
« previous next »
: [1]
: Property Transfers For January Are Now Available  ( 4584 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 06, 2010, 08:05:57 PM »

We had five property transfers in January that involved an exchange of money.  One Condo was sold and one building lot.  There were a couple of houses sold, but no big expensive houses.  Justin Brown sold the little house on the corner of Cain & Maple to Margo Rome.  I remember when that house was built.  I believe it was an older couple that built it and I remember Dalton Machia doing the plumbing in it, but for the life of me cannot remember the name of the people.  If you would like to view the transactions, just click on the following link:

Henry Raymond
special ED

« #1 : February 06, 2010, 08:20:53 PM »

henry I believe he had #3 lisence number for the state of vermont
trussell
: 870

« #2 : February 06, 2010, 08:22:46 PM »

Congratulations, Margo!

For those of you that don't know her, Margo serves on the Parks & Rec Board and has been active in nearly every event that's gone on in town.  It's great that she's staying in our community!

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
MikeF9
: 1994

« #3 : February 06, 2010, 10:47:31 PM »

It was Ed and Mary Landware, or Landweir that had the house built. They sold it to Bill and Carolyn Thayer(no relation to Marvin across the street), then Mike Lalancette had it, then Jim and Diane Zeno, then Justin Brown, and now Margo.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Margie
: 156

« #4 : February 06, 2010, 11:06:02 PM »

The Landweirs were close friends of my mother's parents.  When they retired they moved up here because my grandparents had moved here to be near my mother.  Mary and Eddie were like another set of grandparents to us Cain kids.  They went to Texas when their daughter moved there.
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #5 : February 07, 2010, 09:53:06 AM »

Charlie Dougherty, I believe built that house.  Some of the other places Charlie Dougherty built were the little house across from Steeple Market that was originally supposed to become a restaurant, but to my knowledge never did.  If my memory serves me correctly, I believe the original Nan's was also built by Charlie Dougherty.

Henry Raymond
Dick Brown
: 414

« #6 : February 07, 2010, 01:01:53 PM »

Marge & Mike brought back some memories with their information about the Landweres . Ed was a custodian at the school when I was teaching there in the middle 1960's and he worked with Reg Broe, Sr a lot of the time. I want to tell you that those two could spin some entertaining stories and they, each of them, never lacked for a comeback to a wisecrack directed at them !! The bottom line was that they loved kids and were good people to have in a school environment.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: