Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:27:59 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Rumors About Roomers
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Rumors About Roomers  ( 12441 )
Shadylane08
: 125

« #15 : February 16, 2010, 09:18:45 AM »

When your talking design rates for water consumption between a residential unit, and commercial unit it is a little different.  For example, when designing for a residential unit it is all based on how many bedrooms are in the house, and the design rate is 70gpd (gallons per day), the first 3 bedrooms are assumed to have double occupancy.  So with an 8 bedroom home your talking a design flow of 770gpd.

When you change that same 8 bedroom residence to a commercial B&B different flows come into effect.  The bedrooms turn into "boarding house, room rentals" which is 100gpd per bedroom.  Serving meals is also considered at a rate of 50gpd per seat, so if theres a 10 chair table thats an additional 500gpd.  If theres a commercial laundry machine there to clean all the linens and such thats also an additional 500gpd.  With just this little bit of information the B&B is up to 1800gpd.  So just with these numbers the design flow for the B&B is more then doubled the residential unit eventhough its the exact same property being used.
trussell
: 870

« #16 : February 16, 2010, 09:35:16 AM »

Thanks for the insight Shady... Although I don't totally agree with the numbers, at least we understand the reasoning behind it.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
Shadylane08
: 125

« #17 : February 16, 2010, 09:51:19 AM »

I don't necessarily agree with alot of the numbers in the ANR's Wastewater System and Potable Water Supply Rules either, and in alot of cases like this the engineer will perform a fixture count to try and get a more accurate design flow.  Just quickly trying to show the difference between the two scenarios.
ohhman
: 469

« #18 : February 16, 2010, 02:18:43 PM »

Thanks for the explanation on numbers for the water/sewer.  But it still boils down to IF the B&B was full, those #s are real, but how often would the B&B be  full.....( there are 3? in town?) .....BUT, if a family has 6 children, those rooms ARE full always, (maybe a little over as friends stay over), so those #s for a family are more realistic, and maybe not enough if they had a kid like mine that takes a long shower....until I threaten to go in & turn it off myself!!  I liked your comment Josh on paying the kid under the table to mow the law or babysit;  BUT the state does have specifics for "babysitting" & not more than 2 families can be cared for or the "babysitter" MUST become registered, take classes & more, as they will face possible fines if the state finds out & parents stuck without a "babysitter"!  BUT,  those 2 families can have any number of kids & that's OK, BUT a registered daycare can legally have 6 full time & 4 part-time kids.   Sorry,  that's a whole different topic but just goes to show how rules can sometimes seem a little ......stupid?.....not fair?......not accurate?
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: