Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 11:03:41 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Dinner At The Vermont Breakfast Company
« previous next »
: [1]
: Dinner At The Vermont Breakfast Company  ( 4578 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 15, 2010, 09:22:08 AM »

Maryann and I got a takeout last night.  She got the Crab Stuffed Shrimp and I got the Pecan Crusted Salmon.  Maryann said the Shrimp was delicious and my Salmon & Mashed Potatoes were delicious.  Now neither of us like slightly stir fried vegetables and VBC is not the only one that just doesn't cook them enough, so if I was to order again I would definitely ask them to cook/stir fry the veggies until they are tender, or else try to get a substitute.

The entree was large enough so I did not eat my salad as when you get a take-out, it is best to eat the entree as soon as you get home.  Our entree was still nice and hot.  I only live a couple of miles from the restaurant.  We ordered about 4:10 and I was home with the food at 4:40, so the service was quick and staff all very friendly.  Actually saw Jim Hogan's son working helping the waitresses deliver food to the tables from the kitchen.  The young man has a nice smile, so blends right in with the rest of the staff.

If they had had fish chowder, we would have gotten the soup, but instead chose the house salad.  I had my House Salad later in the evening.  I can't remember what the dressing was, but I really liked it.

All in all, our experience was great, I will just be a little more specific with my vegetables next time I order.

Henry Raymond
vtoutdoorguymb
: 136

« #1 : February 17, 2010, 11:19:47 PM »

I got takeout bacon cheeseburger and fries tonight, they were absolutely delicious! Kudos to the staff and chef of VBC, I have been nothing but impressed so far! :-)
JoeT
: 100

« #2 : February 19, 2010, 09:02:48 AM »

totally honest... I guess all reviews can't be raving.

We went to VBC for dinner last Friday, and it wasn't bad, but was just OK...frankly, we both thought for the cost, it should have been a little better than just OK.
It was their first week, so we'll cut them some slack and definitely give them another shot at some point.

Joe

7F30
: 47

« #3 : February 19, 2010, 09:07:59 AM »

I went the first night they were open.  We waited for over an hour for our food, people were getting served after we ordered.  Ended up going to St.Albans to get our food.  Going to wait a little while so they can get the kinks worked out.
swilliam
: 47

« #4 : February 19, 2010, 09:29:48 AM »

We went to the VBC on Tuesday night for dinner.  Service was okay at first, but took awhile to bring out our soup and salad.  Then our dinners came out before we were done with our soup and salad.  Our dinners were okay (food temperature could have been hotter), and since the dinners are somewhat pricey - I also thought they should have been better.   My daughter had one of their burgers, which was really good and reasonably priced.  So, we'll definitely go back - but maybe wait until the dust settles and try out some more items burger/sandwich menu.  We are really glad they are open and wish them the best of luck.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: