Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:17:03 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Our Local Businesses Provide A Special Family Keepsake
« previous next »
: [1]
: Our Local Businesses Provide A Special Family Keepsake  ( 3004 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 18, 2010, 09:48:39 AM »

I received a call from an old retired IBMer who lives in Jeffersonville, who called especially to tell me that 11 Fairfax Businesses had done something very special for him.  He told me he had received a leather bound book entitled Healing Heart In A Special Family Keepsake.  His wife passed away last year after a long battle with Parkinson's Disease and when he received this unexpected package in the mail, he was truly touched.  When he told me who the businesses were, I told him, this group is a super group and do a lot for our little Town of Fairfax also.

Those who made this possible are: 
Mark Rainville & his boys of Rainville's Collision & Repair
Donna Meunier of Upsy Daisy Flower Shop
Pierre Menard of The Steeple Market
Rick Hogle of The Fairfax Pharmacy
Ann Lemeaux of Dusty Trail Realty
Jeff Meunier of J & L Hardware
The Fairfax Associates In Medicine
Handy's Motels In Colchester
Creative Edge Hair Salon
John Workman of A. W. Rich Funeral Home & Cremations

These businesses made someone's day very special

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : February 18, 2010, 11:08:17 PM »

I asked Kara if she could tell me a little about this book and she sent me the following reply:

Henry:

Yes, there is a book called Healing Heart and also one called Come Unto Me we send one or the other books to the family based upon their religion.    This book helps the family through the grieving process and guides them to find additional resources if they need any.

This is a program that John thought would benefit our families serviced and was happy to organize, which would not have been possible without the help of those businesses that sponsored this program.  Whenever, someone uses our funeral home I submit the address of the next of kin to the publisher The Heritage Company.  Ironically, the publisher is about a half hour from my house.

I have seen both of these books and believe that they are a wonderful resource and keepsake for grieving families.   

Kara

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: