Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 10:29:41 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  VTYankee
« previous next »
: [1]
: VTYankee  ( 5273 )
Julie & 6pt Dave
: 179

« : February 24, 2010, 03:08:52 PM »

The Senate just voted NOT to relicense  VTYankee. Brock and Kittell both voted NO.
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #1 : February 26, 2010, 06:07:08 AM »

Aint that something???

I read articles on that.

I would like to know HOW much energy that plant produces for VT. Who IS on that grid?

Obama gonna be upset at VT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Julie & 6pt Dave

« #2 : February 26, 2010, 01:26:50 PM »

Mike,
         From what I can gather the plant was designed to generate about 540MW of electricity.   That number may be in the 640MW range now because a few years ago VT Yankee increased their load by 20%.  Vermont is currently allocated around 300MW which is about 30% of the total Vermont need.  The contract proposed by VT Yankee which would have gone into effect after the current contract runs out in 2012 would have been 100MW to Vermont or about 10% of the states' need.   VT Yankee is currently part of the New England grid and the New England grid is part of the North Eastern Grid.  Yankee currently comprises about 2% of the New England grid and about 1% of the North Eastern grid.   

Dave
« : February 26, 2010, 01:42:18 PM Julie and 6pt Dave »
Mike Raburn

« #3 : February 26, 2010, 04:02:50 PM »

I really only skimmed the articles....but was the NO vote "based" on safety issues? I find that hard to believe.

I am NO tree hugger but I feel that the less crp we put into the air the better.
On the other hand, one little mis hap at a nuke plant...............

I saw a show on the History Channel where Chernoble (spelling) is coming back and nature is reclaiming it.
If the footage was real, it looks better there NOW then it did when humans were there.

Gotta run, my spotted owl and bald eagle need turning on the charcoal grill!

Julie & 6pt Dave

« #4 : February 26, 2010, 07:54:05 PM »

It was not allowed to be a vote on safety issues, only on relicensing. They made a point of not bringing the safety problems into the decision... but considering all the troubles lately, I'm sure that played heavily into their decisions.
Mike Raburn

« #5 : February 26, 2010, 09:34:31 PM »

So you are a State Rep or Sen?

: [1]  
« previous next »
: