Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 02:37:11 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Things Are Extremely Quiet This Morning
« previous next »
: [1]
: Things Are Extremely Quiet This Morning  ( 3245 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 25, 2010, 09:11:18 AM »

Thank God I didn't lose my power.  I have a generator, but always worry that I won't be able to start it.  It isn't a large one, but will run the furnace and lights as well as the sump pump if it happens to be a time a year where the sump pump is needed.

My daughter, Mary Kay made it home from Connecticut around 8 p.m.  Haven't talked with her since she got home, but the roads were not good and lots of cars off the road with part of the Interstate closed on her way up through.

My sister Theresa is completing her rehab down at St. Albans Healthcare & Rehab and is scheduled to come home on Monday.  She is looking forward to it, but will be some time before she can drive.  I don't believe she has ever been away from home that long, so it has been tough for her.

Mike Cain took some great photos yesterday of the village of Fairfax during the 2nd storm of 2010.  Looks like we are getting our snow in wallops, the first one being at the beginning of January.  Two completely different types of storms.  If I had my choice, would take the light fluffy snow of January over the heavy wet snow we just got.

Fairfax News comes out today and I will upload it and notify you when Jazzy e-mails it to me for those of you that read it on line.  Otherwise I expect the hard copies will be in the stores tonight.

Tonight is Prime Rib Night at Steeples - I usually call and order mine - They are usually ready starting at 4 p.m.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #1 : February 25, 2010, 02:32:09 PM »

You will be smelling Steeple's Prime Rib around my house about 5:05 - Called and ordered a King Cut End Cut that I will share with Maryann.  With two of us eating, there will still be some left - Just got to remember tomorrow is Friday in Lent, so will need to finish it on Saturday.

Henry Raymond
trussell
: 870

« #2 : February 25, 2010, 07:47:18 PM »

You could always have a snack later tonight, Henry!

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
Henry
Administrator

« #3 : February 25, 2010, 07:54:20 PM »

Well Trevor, it wasn't easy, but there was none left to put in the refrigerator.  It was a tough task, but somebody had to do it and I literally stepped up to the plate.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: