Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 03:04:45 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Brown and Jenkins Coffee Cafe in Cambridge
« previous next »
: [1]
: Brown and Jenkins Coffee Cafe in Cambridge  ( 5271 )
markdrapa
: 19

« : February 26, 2010, 11:02:26 AM »

For those who haven't ventured in yet, I'd like to recommend giving Brown and Jenkins coffee roasters a try. 

They are located on the hill across from Boyden Valley Farm on the intersection of 15 and 104. 

I'm a baker and have started selling my pastries and sweets there, and was really impressed with the owners and the location.  The brewed coffee is excellent and very reasonably priced ($1.00), there are places to sit, the building is quite beautiful inside, and...free wifi (!) 

Of course, while you're there, make sure to try my baked goods.  I just dropped off a tray of blueberry scones and onion rolls, all baked fresh this morning. 

Thanks for all your support,
Mark Drapa - owner/baker at Mollybean Breads, Westford
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : February 26, 2010, 11:14:13 AM »

Mark - Do you make doughnuts??  You know, those that taste like homemade?

Henry Raymond
CLach
: 98

« #2 : February 26, 2010, 11:33:42 AM »

My wife and I have been getting our coffee by the pound (auto-drip) from Brown and Jenkins since they've opened.......great great coffee, soooo many choices, you can look at the beans in each bin at will, if you dont know about the different bean types and strength the owners are a wealth of knowledge.  If you catch them the right day you can even see them roasting the beans.  Theres everything from plain coffee at different strengths to a wide variety of flavors.  We try a different one each time we go...their most popular I believe is "Mountain Magic"  for flavored coffee which has a hint of cinnamon among other flavors, and Leunigs for plain coffee (half french roast half standard beans) but we've also had apple crisp, chocolate almond, amaretto, pumpkin, I can go on and on.  We're quite happy and pleased they opened in our "neighborhood", in talking with the owners they were primarily an internet sales company before.  5 stars from us
I should get paid to advertise for them ; )
Mummy
: 280

« #3 : February 26, 2010, 12:02:07 PM »

Also Free Wi-Fi and wonderful view! 

You will never be able to guess the owner, he is a very average person and super nice guy!  Happy to hear that someone local has connected with them to sell Bakery items.  Every good cup of coffee needs a Bakery item to go with it.  The days I have visited there were no Bakery items but there was good coffee and lots of really nice/friendly folks in there.  I will have to go over again - soon.
trussell
: 870

« #4 : February 26, 2010, 12:07:05 PM »

I think a coffee shop in a small community is an awesome asset (even though it's not my coffee).  If the bakery weren't in town, I would have done that in Fairfax years ago.  Although I haven't stopped in Brown & Jenkins yet, I've only heard good things... And I too would urge people to stop in and try it.  Nothing beats a cup of freshly-roasted, ground, and brewed coffee.  I'll have to make a point to go in before work.  Does anyone know their hours?

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
special ED

« #5 : February 26, 2010, 12:20:23 PM »

momma says coffee is the devil
trussell
: 870

« #6 : February 26, 2010, 01:02:16 PM »

yeah, and so is indoor plumbing, Ed!

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #7 : February 26, 2010, 05:10:50 PM »

Folgers
markdrapa
: 19

« #8 : February 28, 2010, 09:39:22 PM »

Henry,

I'm not making donuts, but trust me--it's not because I don't love them.  I've been baking mostly pastry items like scones, cinnamon brioche, onion rolls, cookies, muffins, etc.  Depending on how I'm feeling, there might even be some other goodies.

Also, starting this week I'll be selling bread again at Sweet Clover Market in Essex. 

mirjo
: 785

« #9 : March 01, 2010, 09:28:23 AM »

Folgers

Mike, buddy, cuzzin, paisano...you seriously need to come down from AK for a bit. Get out of the nosebleed section of the US and you might be able to taste your beverages a little better.

:P

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
: [1]  
« previous next »
: