Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 02:18:58 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  OK, So Who Lost The Roosters??
« previous next »
: [1] 2 3
: OK, So Who Lost The Roosters??  ( 27262 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : March 02, 2010, 10:59:55 PM »

On of the big topics of conversation at the Polls today was the six roosters that have mysteriously appeared on Hunt Street.  Somebody has to be missing some roosters - Rhode Island Reds I believe.  I have to feel certain that these roosters and a photo of them will appear on Mike Cain's blog in the morning. 

Henry Raymond
Grace Farm
: 2

« #1 : March 03, 2010, 09:58:29 AM »

I met the roosters yesterday and they were very happy having "dinner" in the parking lot at the rec path...
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #2 : March 03, 2010, 11:04:06 AM »

I just heard one from that direction when I was walking the dog.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
MikeF9
: 1994

« #3 : March 03, 2010, 11:07:36 AM »

Didn't hear about it until last night at the fire station.
When I went out to get the paper at 6am, I could hear them greeting the sunrise.
I may get over there for a glimpse.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
trussell
: 870

« #4 : March 03, 2010, 11:12:32 AM »

Mike, I'm sure you're welcome to keep all the eggs from those roosters :)

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #5 : March 03, 2010, 12:29:37 PM »

Henry's van has been spotted near the scene.
He'll get to the bottom of this.

In the meantime, trivia:

What do you call a group of roosters ?

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
ohhman
: 469

« #6 : March 03, 2010, 01:55:47 PM »

I know...a flock, brood or peep according to Franklin One!!! When I 1st saw the roosters shortly after 6am Tues., I took a double take! Told Jim M. putting signs out for voting, who said it must be turkeys & no, Peg S. & I know the difference!,  I called around & no one knew whose they were.  I called the town constable but like the rest of us, what do you do with them? how to catch them?   Guess they'd make a few good meals- (we raise meat birds so I don't need any at the moment & there's 1 defrosting in my fridge), & you'd need a few people to round them up! So, I gave up trying to find out what to do with them & just kept watching them out my window.  I will say, whoever dropped them off, you have been cruel to do so;  I have watched them looking for food- so I brought them some- & I have watched them being chased by a dog coming from a stroll on the rec-path.  If you no longer want or can't afford to take care of a pet, one that is domesticated enough to depend on you for food, DO NOT set them to the wild...they may not survive, may starve to death or be tortured.  To me & many others I spoke with during the day, offer them for free & if that doesn't work, isn't it better to quickly end their life?  Just like the horses that were dropped off at a stable in town -so cruel...just give them away to someone or be responsible yourself. Don't think that someone will pick up after you as it may not happen.  Really gets to me when some drop off a cat to a barn....do you know what can/does happen when a domestic cat meets up with a feral cat?  not so pretty!  that's my take on this!!
ladiblu2
: 11

« #7 : March 03, 2010, 02:20:01 PM »

I'll take roosters over the barking dogs I lisiten to all day and half the night.
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #8 : March 03, 2010, 02:23:13 PM »

I guess they have been running loose for some time now.  My brother said him and some kids at school chased them around 2 weeks ago.  

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
trussell
: 870

« #9 : March 03, 2010, 02:40:29 PM »

According to the State Statutes, that DOES fall within the scope of the Constable's duties.  Have fun Josh!

(I also believe you need to post a "found" poster for 10 days as well)

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
roadkill
: 80

« #10 : March 03, 2010, 03:07:42 PM »

I saw them again today, check the dugouts first  Josh, their making quite a mess for me to clean up. I only counted 5 though.
Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« #11 : March 03, 2010, 04:27:37 PM »

Is it roosti?

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
Roberto
: 6

« #12 : March 03, 2010, 07:29:57 PM »

I live on Hunt St and own 6 laying hens. Hopefully, they don't meet up with these roosters, otherwise, we might have a population explosion on our hands.
slpott
: 457

« #13 : March 03, 2010, 08:14:52 PM »

Maybe they just flew the coup. I heard Chris Santee was looking for some roosters to feed. Check with him.
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #14 : March 03, 2010, 08:28:28 PM »

Surely you meant flew the coop--I hope we aren't having any sort of coup around here--even a fowl one!
: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
: