Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 02:34:45 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  OK, So Who Lost The Roosters??
« previous next »
: 1 2 [3]
: OK, So Who Lost The Roosters??  ( 27274 )
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #30 : March 05, 2010, 11:45:54 AM »

Well my hat goes off to Gary, he is a better man then me.  I saw him this morning at the school with roosters in hand way to go Gary!!! 

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
Terri Santee
: 77

« #31 : March 05, 2010, 12:22:46 PM »

Gary and Bob caught all seven and found them a home!
Thanks Gary and Bob you are the best!
roadkill
: 80

« #32 : March 05, 2010, 03:01:45 PM »

Last night I saw a coy-dog in the Rec Dept parking lot and then a fox this morning. There were only 7 roosters, according to a friend their is a dead rooster on the rec path somewhere. It didnt take much, Bob and I just herded them to the tennis courts and once inside cornered them. Bob was the real handler, I got attacked on my first shot then figured it out. Shock and Awe.  The 7 roosters are now living at a wonderfull home in North Fairfax. Thanx Jenn.
trussell
: 870

« #33 : March 05, 2010, 03:08:08 PM »

Josh, sounds to me like Roadkill may be interested in the Animal Control Officer position! :)

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
Suzy
: 429

« #34 : March 06, 2010, 10:07:09 AM »

I love how this thread has way more posts and views than the results from Town Meeting Day!

I love how Gary studied rooster behavior, and stalked them, and then captured them.  Did you use your tracking skills from the military?  Coy dog wrangling is next? 

(Just trying to keep the rooster thing going!) 
Suzy
: 429

« #35 : March 06, 2010, 10:09:01 AM »

BTW:
"Shock and Awe," killed me.....
Thanks for the giggles
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #36 : March 06, 2010, 10:09:01 PM »

Josh, sounds to me like Roadkill may be interested in the Animal Control Officer position! :)

Well he sure is a shoe in!!! As of July 1st it is looking like my position will be open because of the new training requirement. 

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
mirjo
: 785

« #37 : March 07, 2010, 08:20:59 PM »

I think those roosters are fortunate to have been abandoned on Hunt Street, Fairfax--I bet their life improved significantly with all the caring people concerned with their wellfare. Except, of course for that unfotunate incident with #8...

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
gpdvt
: 56

« #38 : March 08, 2010, 06:34:56 AM »

So thats why it's a lot noisier at my neighbor's. thanks Jenn!(and I'm sure the foxes will thank you too!)
Terri Santee
: 77

« #39 : March 08, 2010, 10:04:03 AM »

Jenn wanted me to let everyone know that the roosters are doing great! They have befriended her cow Winnipeg and they hang out together. She is not worried about the foxes, just the traffic although they have not gone near the road yet. She also said they are being very quiet and her old roosters are being very noisy. Probably just showing the new ones who is in charge!
: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
: