Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:25:58 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  I Think I Have Spring Fever - Then again??
« previous next »
: [1]
: I Think I Have Spring Fever - Then again??  ( 3394 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : March 05, 2010, 10:18:01 AM »

As I have been sitting here at the computer looking out at a cloudless blue bright sunny sky, I had visions of a lot of spring stuff I can do, like sweeping out the garage, so the next time Maryann drives her wheelchair out there, I won't get the house all mud when she comes in.  It is just a gorgeous day, until you step outside and that wind hits you.   It is mighty cool and a rude awakening if you don't expect it.

I may not spend as much time as I had planned out, there is always another day.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #1 : March 05, 2010, 12:28:08 PM »

Looks like I am headed for Rainville's to have a slow leak repaired.  It started off every couple of weeks I had to put air in it and getting more frequent as time goes on.  Put air in the day before yesterday and now it is soft again today.

Was thinking about the old days when you used to get blowouts.  You would be going along the road and all of a sudden, Ka_Pow, a tire would blow with a loud bang.  Those were the days of the inner-tubes.  I remember my dad still having the garage put in inner-tubes when they first came out with those tires - He just didn't trust that new fangled tire.

Henry Raymond
trussell
: 870

« #2 : March 05, 2010, 02:17:58 PM »

I love your stories Henry... I had a blow out a few years ago, but that's cause I was just trying to get that last mile out of a bald set.  Changing a tire on my truck at 6:30 in the morning on the side of the interstate taught me to err on the side of caution after that. :)

And on the "spring fever" note- I skipped out of work a little early today (I've heard it IS my 40th after all) and came home to open all the windows.  It's a little chilly but the fresh air is great!

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
Henry
Administrator

« #3 : March 05, 2010, 02:22:15 PM »

A young man by the name of Paul got right on my tire problem and found the problem in no time flat - It was a sheetrock screw.  I suspect the young man would have looked at me a little strangely had I told him my blowout and inner tube story - He probably wasn't around when you patched inner tube's.  I did a spell check and my spell check didn't have inner tube in its memory - Oh well, I spelled it the way it sounds to me.

I'll bet a lot of people got sick this afternoon - It does really look great, but I'm not opening any windows here.
« : March 05, 2010, 02:24:06 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: