Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 08:21:20 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Poetry Out Loud Contest!
« previous next »
: [1]
: Poetry Out Loud Contest!  ( 2987 )
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« : March 09, 2010, 08:36:15 AM »

Vermont Poetry Outloud Contest

Brett Gennero repesented BFA Fairfax in the Vermont State Poetry Outloud contest on Saturday March 6th at the College of Fine Arts in Montpelier. Brett won the high school competition in Fairfax by besting seventy-five other contestants before advancing to the statewide finals.
 In Montpelier, Brett performed “Chicago” by Carl Sandberg, “The Charge of the Light Brigade” by Alfred, Lord Tennyson, and William Shakespeare’s Sonnet CXVI: Let me no to the Marriage of True Minds Admit Impediments.

Thirty-three other students also recited three poems. Sophomore John Marshall of Sharon Academy was the overall winner and travels to Washington DC for the Nationals in early April.   

Poetry Out Loud is an acclaimed  nation wide competition and learning experience  that encourages young people to learn, memorize and recite poetry. 
trussell
: 870

« #1 : March 09, 2010, 08:38:30 AM »

Congratulations Brett!

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
: [1]  
« previous next »
: