Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 05:58:08 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  The Ferrick's Purchase Countryside Day Care
« previous next »
: [1]
: The Ferrick's Purchase Countryside Day Care  ( 6999 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : March 17, 2010, 11:55:28 AM »

Saw Tom Ferrick up at Nan's and he told me they had closed on Countryside Children’s Center - 12 Field Rd. in Fairfax last Friday.  They have a new name and a new sign, but of course I can't remember it.  Will try to get a photo the next time I go down to the village.  This is the daycare located beyond J & L Hardware.
« : March 17, 2010, 11:58:02 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #1 : March 17, 2010, 01:40:20 PM »

On Friday March 12, 2010 “Countryside Children’s Center” was sold to Tom & Peggy Feerick. The new name is “Going Places Learning Center”.
Tom & Peggy had decided to purchase Countryside Children’s Center to fulfill Peggy’s lifelong dream, after being in the childcare industry for over 20yrs, Along with Tom’s 25 years of business experience. They found the perfect opportunity, practically right in their own back yard, being residents in Fairfax Village. They hope to create a business that is an asset to the community needs, local economy and young families.
“Going Places Learning Center” has decided to hire Christel Michaud as the Director of the new learning center. Christel has been chosen for her educational achievements, experience in running her own in home childcare center for many years, her great reputation around town and in the school system, and most of all her excellent work ethics. The owners are assured that Christel and Peggy are more than capable of running a stand above the rest childcare center.
The new management goals are to create a safe, nurturing, loving fun, learning environment for the children. They are also offering an after school program to assist the needs of the working parents.
An open house is in the works, stay tuned for future notice. Where parents and public can come in and check out the facility, management and staff. If anyone is in need of childcare, you can contact "Going Places Learning Center" at 849-9030.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
cedarman
: 370

« #2 : March 18, 2010, 06:56:05 AM »

We considered sending out daughter there last year when we were looking at daycare options.  We liked that it was local, and that she would be growing up around kids in town.
Unfortunately, the time schedule they offered did not meet our work schedules (working until 430 at a job an hour from Fairfax would have been a huge problem for a required 5:30 pick up).

Congratulations to the new owners/operators, and good luck.  We will certainly be interested in seeing what they offer in the future.
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #3 : March 18, 2010, 12:48:11 PM »

I took a couple of photos earlier this afternoon.  Tom's truck was there, but I did not knock on the door to see if anyone was there:

Henry Raymond
tfence
: 257

« #4 : May 14, 2010, 07:23:01 PM »

"Going Places Learning Center" is having an open house tomorrow  5/15/10 10 AM - 12 PM. Public is welcome to see the changes that have been made.

We are here for all your Outdoor Living Needs.
visit us at http://feerickfence.com/
also check us out on facebook
CLach
: 98

« #5 : May 14, 2010, 09:26:31 PM »

My son goes here, and loves it.  Recommend it
tfence

« #6 : May 18, 2010, 07:48:52 AM »

I just want to take the time to say thank you. The open house/grand opening was a big success. We are extremely moved by the public support and encouragement. Regards, Tom

tfence

« #7 : June 19, 2010, 06:42:21 AM »

http://www.vtgrandpa.com/forum/index.php?topic=9380.0

: [1]  
« previous next »
: