Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 09:16:15 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  FAMILY & FRIENDS GATHER TO CELEBRATE RALPH'S 90TH
« previous next »
: [1]
: FAMILY & FRIENDS GATHER TO CELEBRATE RALPH'S 90TH  ( 2304 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : April 23, 2006, 08:56:10 AM »

Hi All,

A large number of family & friends went up to the Ellsworth Homestead to join in the celebration of Mr. Ralph Ellsworth's 90th birthday.  Although he has had some health problems as of late, he did very well.  He sat in his chair in the picture window where he gladly showed some old photos of the surrounding area near his house.

Back in 1953 our family first met Ralph & Ruth when we moved to Fairfax.  About a year later my Dad's brother was killed by a drunk driver returning from Canada up in East Berkshire as he was crossing his cows across the road, leaving his wife and two young children.

My Dad headed up to the East Berkshire farm to help out and our neighbors Ralph Ellsworth & Harland Tracy told him not to worry about his farm here.  They took care of everything, even cutting his corn and putting that in the silo while things were getting settled up in East Berkshire.  Truly a great neighbor for many, many years.

Ralph asked me yesterday how the young boy was doing.  I told him, that young boy is now 64 years old and doing fine.  Ralph seemed to know everyone and sometimes had to ask people to repeat themselves, but so did I and I've got another 17 years to go before I'm his age.

It was a great celebration and I took over 40 photos that I have put in a slide show.  I have attempted to put names to help those of you away, but know I have made some mistakes.  Lots of computers around on the blink besides mine.  Brenda Thibault & Mary Spaulding are both having problems with theirs, so won't be able to help me out with my erroneous titles.

Click on the following link, keeping in mind that you can see the photos better if you go up to view and click on full screen.  You can also change the delay time to more than three seconds by clicking on that box, or just click on each thumbnail photo individually.  Hopefully you will enjoy the photos:

http://www.vtgrandpa.com/photos/slideshow.php?set_albumName=ralph_ellsworth

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: