Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:18:38 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Nutrition Facts At Chain Restaurants
« previous next »
: [1]
: Nutrition Facts At Chain Restaurants  ( 6474 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : March 19, 2010, 07:46:50 AM »

If a current proposal passes the state legislature, it would require all chain restaurants to provide nutrition facts. That means when you go to your nearest drive thru calorie counts will be next to the menu. Some people say that's exactly where it should be.

Now, I make a lot of comments about what I eat, but if something like this were up there, I am sure it would influence my decision on what I eat.  One of the other things that I look for is the amount of sodium in different products.  Unfortunately, they print it so small on the labels, that I have to bring a small pop-out magnifying glass with me to read them.  To read a little more on this proposal, click on the following link:

Henry Raymond
special ED

« #1 : March 19, 2010, 01:10:34 PM »

in my opinion that is the stupidest waste of taxpayers time right there
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #2 : March 19, 2010, 02:41:32 PM »

Business friendly ? Nope !
I hear horns honking at the drive-thru.

But, fast food calorie counting is not a bad idea. It's healthy !

That's why there are thousands of sites already online with the info
like: http://www.acaloriecounter.com/fast-food.php

Google - "fast food calories"
for more.

Compare the "chains", choose your best bet, then go enjoy your meal.
Don't slow down the FAST FOOD !

Please send me to Montpelier this November !
« : March 19, 2010, 02:45:05 PM Henry »

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #3 : March 19, 2010, 05:39:28 PM »

The more information we have about the food we purchase/eat, the better decisions we will make about what to eat. Good health is tied to making wise decisions and perhaps when folks discover the amount of fat, salt and empty calories that some 'foods' contain they will refrain from consuming them!
al brodeur
: 216

« #4 : March 19, 2010, 08:38:06 PM »

it has started down here in Philadelphia (which is supposed to be one of the more obese cities) it is only to show people how to eat better, it might work for a while but people as a whole will revert back to their old ways. but smaller local fast food establishments are exempt from this for the time being
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #5 : March 20, 2010, 12:13:18 AM »

I ALWAYS order EXTRA MSG in my fast food......

Keeps ya sharp!
slpott
: 457

« #6 : March 20, 2010, 06:42:13 AM »

These habits should start at home not in Montpelier. I vote for Chris.
PotterFXFD
: 269

« #7 : March 20, 2010, 07:09:09 AM »

It should go without saying (or posting a sign) if you are eating fast food it is probably not the healthiest choice. health class in school should have taught use all that.

FRIED burger and  DEEP FRIED fries. 

Just a rule of thumb Taste great = Bad for you.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: