Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 01:33:29 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Carolyn Branagan is VT Mother of the Year
« previous next »
: [1]
: Carolyn Branagan is VT Mother of the Year  ( 3360 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : March 21, 2010, 08:20:14 AM »

Mrs. Anne Howrigan of Fairfield, President of Vermont Mothers Inc., recently announced that Mrs. Carolyn Branagan, from Georgia, has been named Vermont Mother of the Year for 2010. She was nominated by Alexus Bell of the Georgia Plains Baptist Church.
Branagan is married to Christopher Branagan and the mother of three adult children. She recognizes that parenting starts with love. It continues through an increasing lability to balance freedoms and limits and is guided by a willingness to sacrifice for the betterment of someone else.

Branagan's sponsoring organization will host an award program in her honor with a reception following on Saturday, April 3. It will be in the church auditorium of Georgia Plains Baptist Church. The program will begin at 2 in the afternoon.

Every state in the United States has a chapter of American Mothers, Inc. Each year, every state selects a Mother of the Year who will go on to represent their state at the National Convention, vying for the title of National Mother of the Year. This year, Branagan will be representing Vermont at the National Convention, which will take place at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in New York, N.Y., April 30-May 2. The theme of the convention this year is "A Mother is Forever." Branagan will be required at the convention to deliver a three-minute speech, entitled "The Facets of Motherhood."

Vermont has proudly been represented throughout the years. Mrs. Rita McCaffrey of Rutland, 1987 Vermont Mother of the Year, was chosen as the National Mother of the Year for that year.

The American Mothers, Inc. office headquarters is at 1940 Duke St., Suite 200 PMB 150, Alexander, Va. 22314. For more information, contact: www.americanmothers.org.

Henry Raymond
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #1 : March 31, 2010, 06:45:03 AM »

Congratulations, Carolyn.
You have a wonderful family.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com