Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 05:23:25 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Tom Snyder's Father Passes Away
« previous next »
: [1]
: Tom Snyder's Father Passes Away  ( 2689 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : March 31, 2010, 10:02:52 AM »

W. Thomas Snyder

W. Thomas Snyder 1923 - 2010 SPRINGFIELD - Chicopee and formerly of Springfield, entered into eternal rest on Monday, March 29, 2010 in Wingate at Springfield. He was born in Chicopee on October 25, 1923, the son of the late Claude T. and Mary C. (Gribbins) Snyder. Tom was a WWII U.S. Navy veteran obtaining the rank of Machinist Mate Second Class. He was a Fire Fighter for the City of Springfield and retired after 22 years of proud and dedicated service. Tom is survived by his family whom he cherished and cherished him; His loving wife of 62 years, Barbara A. (Tedeschi) Snyder; five cherished children, Lynn S. Blinn of Springfield, Lois A. Gebbie and her husband Ron of Springfield, Thomas G. Snyder and his wife Priscilla of Fairfax, VT, Susan M. Garvin and her husband Richard of Chicopee, and Sandra L. Hess and her husband O. Robert of East Longmeadow; 11 adored grandchildren, Kara, Paul, Taylor, Kristine, Daniel, Jeff, James, Ashley, Christopher, Olivia, and Julia; three adored great grandchildren; and a sister, Louise Carey of Springfield. Tom's family would like to extend a warm and grateful thank you to the staff at Holyoke Hospice and Wingate at Springfield. A funeral home service will be held on Friday, April 2nd at 10 a.m. in the Tylunas Funeral Home, 159 Broadway, Chicopee, with Rites of Committal and burial to follow in Hillcrest Park Cemetery, 895 Parker Street, Springfield. Tom's family will receive relatives and friends at the visiting hours on Thursday, April 1st from 4-8 p.m. at the funeral home. Floral expressions of sympathy are welcome, for those who wish memorial contributions may be made in Tom's memory to the Alzheimer's Association, 264 Cottage St., Springfield, MA 01104. For directions or online guestbook, please visit www.tylunasfuneralhome.com. Tylunas Funeral Home (413) 592-0148

The link in the above obituary does not appear to have a place to send online condolences, however, the following link does:

http://obits.masslive.com/obituaries/masslive/obituary.aspx?n=w-thomas-snyder&pid=141323158
« : March 31, 2010, 10:57:33 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : March 31, 2010, 11:55:38 AM »

Our sympathy goes out to Tom & his family - Interesting to note that in many families there are several generations of firemen.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: