Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 01:02:25 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Father Of Bobbie Barnack Dies At Age 87
« previous next »
: [1]
: Father Of Bobbie Barnack Dies At Age 87  ( 2333 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : April 02, 2010, 07:40:32 AM »

ROBERT F. FORTIN

BURLINGTON, Vt. - Robert F. Fortin, 87, a longtime resident of Burlington, died Thursday, Apr. 1, 2010 at Starr Farm Nursing Center surrounded by his loving family. Robert was born in Burlington, Vt. on Dec. 25, 1922, the son of Joseph Etienne Phidine "Pecky" and Marie Rosine (Rouille) Fortin. He was a graduate of Burlington High School, Class of '42, and served his country proudly for the United States Navy during World War II and the Korean Conflict. He was married in Williston on June 16, 1953 to Margarite E. (LaCasse) Fortin. Bob was employed for 30 years with the Burlington Fire Department, and as a self-employed plumber. He was a life-member of the Veterans of Foreign Wars, Post #782 in Burlington, and enjoyed fishing, hunting, and making fudge at Christmas. Bob is survived by his wife of 56 years, Margarite "Tootsie" Fortin; five children and their spouses, Judy and Steven Dow of Essex, Nancy and Jeff Comstock of Burlington, Tina and John "Tim" Gibbo of Burlington, Anita and Arnie Braman of Washington, and Bobbie and Chris Barnack of Fairfax; 11 grandchildren, Jessica, Adam, Aliza, Sara, Shawn, Christopher, Tyler, Amber, Frankie, Samantha, and Kaitlyn; two great-grandchildren, Kai and Quinn; and many nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by two sisters, Madeline Hathaway and Elizabeth LaCasse. Visiting hours will be on Monday, Apr. 5, 2010 from 4 to 7 p.m. at the LaVigne Funeral Home, 132 Main St. in Winooski. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated on Tuesday, Apr. 6, 2010 at 2 p.m. at St. Mark Catholic Church in Burlington. Interment will follow at New Mount Calvary Cemetery

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: