Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 02:31:47 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Dry Weather - Burn Hazard
« previous next »
: [1]
: Dry Weather - Burn Hazard  ( 2591 )
Chris Santee
: 2653

« : April 02, 2010, 07:52:05 PM »

From the State of Vermont

Dry Weather Could Create Burning Hazards

The dry, warm forecast for this weekend is no doubt welcome news to most Vermonters; but the Vermont Department of Forests, Parks and Recreation and Vermont Emergency Management are reminding everyone that those conditions could add fuel to open fires, making them more hazardous than normal.

Grass and brush could dry up in a hurry this weekend and into next week, which means any outdoor fires could spread quickly and get out of control.  If you find yourself doing any outdoor burning, please take extra caution to ensure the fire cannot spread.  Be alert to wind speeds and directions, and the location of dry materials that could serve as fuel for a grass, brush, or forest fires.

It is also advisable to check with your town office or fire department to see if there are any advisories or burn bans in your community – or if you need a burn permit.  Should a fire get out of control call 911 to request assistance.

Department of Forests, Parks and Recreation staff will be available this weekend to help local departments fight wildfires, should there be any.  Local Forest Fire Wardens may contact Vermont Emergency Management at 800-347-0488 to request this assistance.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : April 03, 2010, 08:15:00 AM »

I noticed a pretty good sized bon fire on my way home from Holy Thursday services and wondered then if it might not be a little dry for that sort of thing - I think the usual rule is you need a permit after May 1st, but this might be a bit different than normal year.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: