Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 19, 2024, 11:58:28 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Mother Of Jody Greim Dies At Age 89
« previous next »
: [1]
: Mother Of Jody Greim Dies At Age 89  ( 2252 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : April 06, 2010, 07:29:04 AM »

PHYLLIS JEAN GRAVEL

SOUTH BURLINGTON - Phyllis Jean Gravel died on Monday, Apr. 5, 2010 after a short illness. Phyllis was born on Jan. 12, 1921 in Mankato, Minn., the daughter of the late Chester and Clara (Tronstad) Cook. The family moved to Burlington in 1936. Phyllis graduated from Burlington High School in 1937 where she was elected Best Personality in her class. She continued that warm, wonderful personality and humor throughout her life. Following high school, Phyllis attended UVM, was a member of the Delta, Delta, Delta Sorority and graduated in 1941. On a very reluctant blind date, she met Clarke Gravel. Phyllis and Clarke were married on Aug. 31, 1941. They had 60 years together, raising four children. Clarke died in 2002. Phyllis volunteered her time at the DeGoesbriand Hospital. She enjoyed bowling with "the girls" at the Ethan Allen Club and loved to travel, party and dance. She suffered with severe pain most of her life, but it didn't stop her until the very end; she was always ready to "go". Surviving Phyllis are three children; David and his wife Diane of Thornton, N.H., John and his wife Mary Ann of Burlington and Jody Gleim and her husband Harry of Fairfax, nine grandchildren and eight great-grandchildren. She is also survived by a sister-inlaw, Madlyn "Mickey" Cook. She was predeceased by her son James in 1968 and brother, Chet in 2006. The family is grateful for the caring staff at both Pillsbury Manor South and Birchwood Healthcare. There will be no visiting hours. The Rite of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. on Saturday, Apr. 10, 2010 at St. Joseph's CoCathedral. A luncheon will follow in the Church Hall. For those who wish, contributions in Phyllis' memory can be made to COTS at 179 South Winooski Avenue, Burlington. Corbin and Palmer Funeral Home, 71 South Union St., Burlington in charge of arrangements.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: