Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 06:30:53 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Carolyn Brooks Retiring...shhh...It's a surprise!
« previous next »
: [1]
: Carolyn Brooks Retiring...shhh...It's a surprise!  ( 2238 )
lschukei

« : May 08, 2006, 07:38:06 PM »

A wonderful woman is leaving our BFA Fairfax school, but not our hearts.  How can you say goodbye to a woman who has not only touched the lives of hundreds of children over the years but also the parents, teachers and staff of our Fairfax community?  When she smiles at you it feels as though you are part of her family;you feel like she will never forget you and trust me, she hasn't!   Two of my three children had Mrs. Carolyn Brooks for their kindergarten experience and when they talk about her their faces light up.  My son, who is now in second grade, still asks to stop by to see her and when he describes her he says, "She is so nice she makes my heart hurt."  My daughter now has this great lady and when she describes her she says, "Mrs. Brooks reminds of a rainbow and she makes me smile."
I am sure everyone who has had the privelege to know Carolyn Brooks has a description of their own.  We are planning a surprise retirement "card shower" for her.  If you had Mrs. Brooks for a teacher and would like to express how much she meant to you, a memory or something special you remember about her, please jot it down in a card or letter.  Feel free to include a photo of you and your family, maybe tell her what you are doing now.  Your cards will stay sealed for her eyes only. When the end of the year arrives and she retires, we will honor her with these cards and surely touch her life.

Please mail your cards by May 31 to:
                                    Mrs. Carolyn Brooks
                                    c/o Tia Rooney
                                    546 Goose Pond Rd.
                                    Fairfax, VT  05454
                                            or
                                    BFA Elementary
                                    c/o Lisa Schukei/CB
                                    75 Hunt St.
                                    Fairfax, VT  05454

Any questions?  contact Lisa Schukei at schukei@sover.net or 849-2118

: [1]